Hello a786bid,
"sit down on Sunday evening and pray in congregation. " You suggested.!
I wish to know whether this  is in the Quran or in the Sunnah ?
What did Prophet (sal) do at times of any calamities ?
Why dont you look into correct approaches in these matters without misleading the ummah.
May I quote one incident for your information.
 Sahih Al Bukhari Hadith - Narrated Asim
I asked Anas bin Malik about the Qunut. Anas replied, "Definitely it
was (recited)". I asked, "Before bowing or  after it?" Anas replied, "Before
bowing." I added, "So and so has told me that you had informed him that it
had been after bowing." Anas said, "He told an untruth  (i.e. "was
mistaken," according to the Hijazi dialect). Allah's Apostle recited Qunut
after bowing for a period of one month." Anas added
, "The Prophet sent about
seventy men (who knew the Quran by heart) towards the pagans (of Najd) who
were less than they in number and there was a peace treaty between them  and
Allah's Apostles (but the Pagans broke the treaty  and killed the seventy
men). So Allah's Apostle recited Qunut for a period of one month asking
Allah to  punish them."
abdeen
If you are a Muslim, you should follow the Sunnah atleast without resorting to your whims and fancies.
All the troulble in this world is due to our mistaken notions.
May Allah guide us correct.
abdeen