From: Berita Informasi
To: Ikhwanul Muslimun
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 2:18 AM
Subject: I love Scotland ... but I love Islam more. I don't want to be a Christian

Molly Campbell, also known as Misbah Iram Ahmed...

Molly Campbell, also known as Misbah Iram Ahmed Rana, with her sister Tahmina in Lahore yesterday. Picture: Arif Ali/AFP/Getty Images

I love Scotland ... but I love Islam more. I don't want to be a Christian

EBEN HARRELL
  • 'Abducted' schoolgirl speaks of life in Scotland as "living hell"
  • Claims mother tried to convert her from Islam
  • Hearing will decide guardianship on Wednesday
Key quote "This house had become a living hell for me." I love my religion. I love my father. I did not see my sister and brothers while living with my mum, so I came here to Pakistan." - Molly Campbell AKA Misbah Iram Ahmed Rana

Story in full
MOLLY Campbell, the 12-year-old girl who travelled from Scotland to Pakistan with her father last week, said yesterday her Scottish mother had tried to convert her from Islam against her will.

At a press conference in the eastern Pakistan city of Lahore, Molly - also called Misbah Iram Ahmed Rana - said: "She wants to bring me up as a Christian. I do not want to be a Christian. I love Scotland, but I love Islam more."
Wearing a pink shalwar kameez - Pakistan's traditional long shirt and baggy trousers - she claimed that life in Stornoway was a "living hell" and her father's Islamic culture in Pakistan suited her better.

Her father, Sajad Ahmed Rana, said the girl's Scottish mother had been influenced by a "lunatic fringe of white racists" and that he was not holding his daughter against her will. He also said he would pay for Molly's mother to travel to Pakistan for custody hearings.

The girl, who is at the centre of child-abduction allegations, has signed a legal statement saying she left of her own free will and wants to live with her father in Pakistan.

"This house had become a living hell for me," she said of her mother's home. "I love my religion. I love my father. I did not see my sister and brothers while living with my mum, so I came here to Pakistan."

Her mother, Louise Campbell, last year won legal custody of Molly and says the girl was abducted, prompting a police investigation. She made an emotional plea for her daughter to return home, and Molly's grandmother was quoted as saying she thought the girl could be forced into an arranged marriage.

Mr Rana said Molly had felt her mother was threatening her religion. He read a statement saying his ex-wife's outlook had been poisoned by a "lunatic fringe of white racists" and she required treatment after a mental breakdown. But Mr Rana, who has British citizenship, said he was ready to give the mother access to her daughter in Pakistan.

He said: "I do have sympathy for her mother, and I know she loves the children. But she left Islam and she wanted the children to do the same. They weren't having that.

"She's welcome to come to Pakistan as many times as she likes. I'm even prepared to pay her travel and lodging expenses if she wants to come to Lahore to meet her daughter."

Mr Rana has been awarded custody by a Pakistani court until Wednesday, when a hearing will decide guardianship.

Northern Constabulary said the case could be a violation of the Child Abduction Act and has referred the matter to the procurator-fiscal.

British and Pakistani authorities signed a protocol in 2003 on returning abducted children.

It was unclear whether the mother has approached the British authorities to activate the protocol. A statement from her solicitors last week said only that she would be "pursuing the proper lines" to get Molly back. Pakistan's foreign ministry has said it will investigate the alleged abduction if British authorities request it.

The girl said her parents had been married for 17 years, and that before they divorced, when she was seven, her mother had converted to Islam - but had since returned to Christianity and now wanted "a clear break from the past and to start a new life as a pure Anglo-Saxon".

She said her father had not tried to arrange a marriage for her, and had told her that she could marry anyone of her choice "when the time comes".

She added: "I am determined to be a Scottish Muslim of whom Scotland may be proud one day."

Last updated: 04-Sep-06 12:54 BST
.

Islahonline

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.} (Holy Quran-16:125)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all." [Muslim, Ahmad, Aboo Daawood, an-Nasaa'ee, at-Tirmidhee, Ibn Maajah]

Recommended:
http://www.ikhwanweb.com
http://www.islamonline.net
http://www.islam-guide.com