Salaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuhu,

  Ramandan Mubarok/greetings to everyone around the world.

  I do not know about you all, but this Ramadan is much overdue for me. I was
also begging for the Ramadan to begin. Not only because the rest of the world
started its fasting except us, but for many other reasons as well.

  Since last Ramadan, there was much to be thankful to Allah (SWT), however I
just couldn’t show that much gratitude. Though, no matter how much gratitude we
show to Allah, it will still fall far short, and certainly Allah is in no need
of our gratitude toward Him. However, being gratitude (sukr) is opposite of
ingrate (kufr) and I much rather be in the first category!

  Even though I was not able to make time to show my gratitude toward Allah for
all His blessings to me, Ramadan gives me the perfect opportunity to “force”
myself to do things I have been planning year long!

  As we have much to be thankful to Allah, there are much concern, trial and
tribulations for Muslims all across the globe as well. Not that Non-Muslims
didn’t have their share of troubles, but it seems, that Muslims are enduring
the brunt of troubles across the globe.

  The war on “terrorism” is going on in Iraq and Afghanistan; even though not
many terrorists have been killed, many civilians are.

  Lebanon was almost sent back to Stone Age, deliberately and as promised.

  The struggle of Palestinians continues.

  Darfur is still a mess and we still can’t decide what is going on or who to
blame.

  Then there is the constant attack on our beloved Prophet, upon whom much
praise.

  First there were the Danish cartoons, which was foolish and ignorant.
  However, Pope is neither a fool nor ignorant.

  Having said that, our reactions to all these have not been something to be
proud about either. When someone calls you intolerant and you react by
threatening to kill him/her or worse, actually kill someone, then it only
legitimizes the comments.

  As we start our Ramadan, I hope all of us would spend some time to
contemplate about our situation, both individual situation and collective and
promise to think things through, before we react or even open our mouth.

  May Allah accept our fasting, May Allah make our fasting easy, May Allah
accept all our invocations, May Allah forgive all our sins and make our slate
clean, May Allah bless our parents and their parents, May Allah unite all the
Muslims, May Allah give us the ability remove enmity toward other Muslims, May
Allah make this world a better place for us and our children, May Allah keep us
in the straight path, May Allah give us the opportunity to die as a Muslim and
May Allah give us best in the here after.
  Amen

  Maqsud

{Invite (mankind, O Muhammad ) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom
(i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'an) and fair preaching, and argue
with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone
astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.} (Holy
Quran-16:125)

{And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allah (believes in
His Oneness)," and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites
(men) to Allah's (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I
am one of the Muslims."} (Holy Quran-41:33)

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "By Allah, if
Allah guides one person by you, it is better for you than the best types of
camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

The prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  also said, "Whoever
calls to guidance will have a reward similar to the reward of the one who
follows him, without the reward of either of them being lessened at all."

Recommended:
http://www.ikhwanweb.com
http://www.islamonline.net
http://www.islam-guide.com
http://www.prophetmuhammadforall.org

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in
any way reflect the official views of IslamCity unless sanctioned or approved
otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from IslamCity, you may wish to get a daily
digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your
mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
title "change to daily digest".
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional