Join the British Army and become a martyr, say Muslims

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/articl...2496507,00.html

ABUL TAHER

A GOVERNMENT-BACKED Islamic organisation is teaching young Muslims that dying
while fighting for the British armed forces is an act of martyrdom.
The British Muslim Forum (BMF) explains to young people that even if a Muslim
soldier dies in combat while fighting in an Islamic country such as
Afghanistan, he will still be regarded as a martyr and a hero for this country.

The BMF is holding talks across Britain to persuade young people not to follow
the teachings of Muslim extremists who instruct their followers that joining
the British military is a “traitorous act”.

Its aim is to counter radicals’ misuse of the term “martyr”, which has become
associated with terrorist suicide operations. The BMF was a leading member in a
taskforce set up by Tony Blair after the July 7 bombings to combat extremism
among Muslims.

In its forums its case workers and imams cite Lance-Corporal Jabron Hashmi, 24,
a British Pakistani from Birmingham who was killed in combat in July in
Afghanistan.

Islamic extremists have called him a “salaried traitor” as he died fighting
Taliban Muslims at the command of non-Muslim generals. They argue he should not
have received an Islamic burial as he died an “infidel”.

However, BMF case workers counter that he died a martyr. “We are calling him a
martyr because he died fighting for his country. Islam teaches us to be loyal
and abide by the laws of the land. We believe fighting for Britain is not being
a traitor. And young people are getting the message,” said Khurshid Ahmed, the
BMF’s chairman.

The BMF, a body representing 600 mosques, is one of Britain’s largest Muslim
organisations. It is the government’s main working partner in the Muslim
community.

Comment:

How nice to see that this organisation will not have their funding cut by the
Government due to promoting the integrationist agenda. Re-defining the Islamic
term martyr and giving it a completely different meaning will eventually lead
to re-writing the Quran and the changing of Islam to fit in with society today.

Christianity in the past and today is going through such a phase where things
forbidden in the bible are now acceptable such as homosexuality, same sex
marriages and women priests.

Will we see such things in Islam? Nawuzubillah, I hear u say, but if
organisations like BMF (Blair’s Muslim Followers) have their way don’t be
surprised that martyr is the only Islamic term they re-define to please their
masters in Downing street.

  www.7cgen.com

 Like being first? Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail today.