Bismillah, FYI
  Peace, Curtis Sharif
  Houston, Texas

"Tom Matzzie, MoveOn.org Political Action" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
      body, td, font, p, div, blockquote { font-family: arial, verdana,
sans-serif !important; font-size: 10pt !important; }  td, font, p, div,
blockquote { overflow-x: hidden; }                    "Congress must act to
block Bush's escalation in Iraq. We need a responsible end to the war, not an
escalation."

                    The '100 Hours Agenda'   Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic
leadership are starting off with some key first-step reforms to improve
Americans' lives and our democracy. Here's the current status:
  Already Done:

   Restricting lobbyists
   No new deficit spending
  Next Up:

   9/11 Commission security recommendations
   Increase the minimum wage
   Support stem cell research
   Lower-cost prescription drugs
   Cut student loan interest rates
   Cut oil company subsidies and invest in safe alternatives
  Dear MoveOn member,
  160,000 of us signed the petition to stop escalation in Iraq since it
launched 18 hours ago, and we're picking up allies. Today Senator Ted Kennedy
will announce new legislation that would stop escalation.1 The senator's
message is simple:
    "We cannot simply speak out against an escalation of troops in Iraq. We
must act to prevent it."

  Our country is at a crossroads. Together we can send a strong message to
Congress: you have a mandate on Iraq—figure it out.
  If you haven't signed the petition to Congress, please sign now. We're
delivering comments every few hours. Can you add yours?

http://pol.moveon.org/noescalation/one_click_sign.pl?0=1&id=9674-7245344-JUmwoEfWlhhAwRgxkmhRFQ&t=3
  After you sign the petition please forward this email to your friends, family
and colleagues—let's keep the ball rolling.
  Senator Kennedy goes farther than anybody else to date—we need to push
senators to join him. His legislation is simple and would stop the escalation.
It reads,
  Section 1. Prohibition on use of funds for escalation of United States forces
in Iraq. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no Federal funds may be
obligated or expended by the United States Government to increase the number of
United States forces in Iraq above the number for such forces which existed as
of January 9, 2007, without a specific authorization of Congress by law for
such an increase.  This means that unless the Congress votes to approve an
escalation it would be illegal to move forward with it. Congress probably won't
vote to authorize an escalation. But it is an open question as to whether or
not they will stop one.
  Some Republicans are already opposing escalation. Senators Gordon Smith (OR),
Susan Collins (ME), Chuck Hagel (NE) and Richard Lugar (IN) among others have
all expressed reservations. But we need to force them to put their votes where
their mouth is.
  Please sign our petition urging Congress to stop Bush's escalation in Iraq.
  http://pol.moveon.org/noescalation/?id=9674-7245344-JUmwoEfWlhhAwRgxkmhRFQ&t=4
  This Kennedy resolution would not take a dime away from the troops for
equipment or other needs. We all love and support our men and women in uniform.
What this is about is tying Bush's hands so he can't take us deeper into the
quagmire.
  Stopping escalation is an important part of a strategy to getting out of
Iraq. "Stay the Course" was rejected by the voters. If escalation is repudiated
that leaves only one option: a responsible exit.
  The next phase of this campaign will take our efforts to the doorsteps of
congressional offices across the country. Stay tuned for more.
  Thanks for all you do.
  –Tom, Nita, Tanya, Matt and the MoveOn.org Political Action Team
  Tuesday, January 9th, 2007
  Sources
  1. "Democrats Split Over Iraq Approach." The New York Times, Jan. 9, 2007.
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=2302&id=9674-7245344-JUmwoEfWlhhAwRgxkmhRFQ&t=5
  Support our member-driven organization: MoveOn.org Political Action is
entirely funded by our 3.2 million members. We have no corporate contributors,
no foundation grants, no money from unions. Our tiny staff ensures that small
contributions go a long way. If you'd like to support our work, you can give
now at:
http://political.moveon.org/donate/email.html?id=9674-7245344-JUmwoEfWlhhAwRgxkmhRFQ&t=6
  PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.