“Why Is the Need for Muslim Women to CARBONCOPY All What the Men Are Doing.
Can’t They Come Up With Something Which Is UNIQUE to Them & Which Will Suit
Their Physique, Their Dress Code & So On. Rather Than Creating Unnecessary
Controversies. What BENEFIT Will They Get in Taking Part in Soccer.” - AB
Muslim Girl Ejected from Tournament for Wearing Hijab  Last Updated: Sunday,
February 25, 2007 | 10:12 PM ET   CBC News
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/02/25/hijab-soccer.html#skip300x250  Five
young teams from across Canada walked out of a Quebec soccer tournament Sunday
because a young Muslim girl was ejected for wearing a hijab.

  Calling the rule banning the headscarf worn by Muslim women racist, four
other teams followed Asmahan Mansour's team, the Nepean Selects from Ottawa,
after she was thrown out for running afoul of a Quebec Soccer Association rule.

  "The referee was staring and pointing. 'She can't play,'" said Asmahan, Asi
to her friends. "I was like why? Why can't I play?"

  Because of a safety rule, league spokesman Lyes Arfa said. He pointed out
that the referee is Muslim himself, and that the ban on hijabs is to protect
children from being accidentally strangled.

  "We have to protect the players on the field, and that's the main point. It's
not against the Muslims." And the league had told organizers about the rule —
"The wearing of the Islamic veil or any other religious item is not permitted"
— before the game.

  Asi's team was aware of the rule, but didn't expect it would be enforced. So
when it was, many players and adults were outraged.

  Girls backed up teammate

  "I automatically went back to the referee: 'Are you sure this is what you
wanna do?'" said Louis Maneiro, the Selects' head coach. When nothing changed,
he said, "I just decided that there's no way that I would allow our team to
continue, and the girls backed up Asi very strongly."

  Asi's teammates supported the move. "I felt disgraced, I was crushed, I
couldn't see Asi like that," said Lisa Furano. "It's just a piece of material,
it can't do any harm," added Alicia Stainton.

  The Selects left the tournament in good spirits. But they say they won't come
back until the rule changes.

  AB
                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                                    "For to us
will be their return; then it will be for us to call them to account." (Holy
Quran 88:25-26)

Be a PS3 game guru.