*September 11 'mastermind confesses'*
March 15, 2007

The alleged mastermind of the September 11 attacks, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed,
has confessed to those and other al-Qa'eda attacks, according to the
transcript of a hearing at Guantanamo Bay released late last night.

A statement said: "I was responsible for the 9/11 Operation, from A to Z."

Mohammed, a Pakistani, who was arrested in Rawalpindi in 2003, added: "I was
the operational director for Sheikh Osama bin Laden for the organising,
planning, follow-up, and execution of the 9/11 operation."

Hearings are being held into 14 of the "most serious" suspects held in Cuba.

*

What Mr Mohammed told the tribunal:*
*

·* I was member of al-Qaida council
*·* I was director for planning and execution of 9/11, fr om A to Z
*·* I was commander for foreign ops
*·* I was directly in charge ... of cell for biological weapons, and
follow-up on dirty bomb ops on American soil
*·* I was responsible for shoe bomber operation to down two US planes
*·* I was responsible for Bali bombing
*·* I was responsible for second wave attacks after 9/11: California;
Chicago; Washington; Empire State, NY
*·* I was responsible for operations to destroy American vessels in the
Hormuz, Gibraltar, and Singapore
*·* I was responsible for planning operation to destroy Panama canal
*·* I was responsible for planning assassination of ex-US presidents,
including Carter and Clinton
*·* I was responsible for planning operation to destroy Heathrow, Canary
Wharf and Big Ben
*·* I shared responsibility for assassination attempt on John Paul II in
Philippines
*·* I was responsible for operation to assassinate President Musharraf

**

*My comment:*

This man admits but there are so many questions remaining unanswered and
unsolved! Is it true and not a game? Is he free from any pressure?
Guantanamo itself is a question and the US Govt is under suspicion from the
beginning!

*Arif Bhuiyan*

UK

--