calls upon all citizens to report any violation of human rights

Date:   19-06-2007

The Canadian Muslim Forum (CMF) condemns the implementation of the Canadian
No-Fly list on Monday June 18th 2007 that represents nothing but false
feeling of security as part of the post 9-11 syndrome.  As if terrorists are
going to travel with their own name and passport!  And as if the threat is
from the air only!

The Canadian Muslim Forum (CMF) condemns denying people the right of free
movement, without being informed and without being given the right to
examine the case against them.  This is a violation of human rights and
jeopardizes Canada’s reputation yet again. All Canadians, feels the need for
security and peace of mind.  However, by denying people the freedom of
movement, we legalize the discrimination and the stereotyping without
achieving security. Security will be achieved only when we all work together
to establish a world’s peace built on justice and freedom of choice.

The Canadian Muslim Forum (CMF) is urging the government to re-examine this
unnecessary list and to move forward by presenting this list to the court
and prosecuting those people in a legal and normal court without judging
them based on information that experience has proven to be often inaccurate.

The Canadian Muslim Forum (CMF) is calling upon all citizens who would be
subject to this list or subject to any kind of discrimination to report it
immediately and in detail his/her experience to any of the Canadian human
rights associations, the CMF, transport Canada “office of reconsideration”
and his/her MP, so we can keep track and deal with this new power abuse
implemented by the government.

Media contact and Spokesperson:

Bachar Elsolh, president of CMF (514) 983-5323

Mohamed Kamel, vice-president of CMF (514) 863-9202

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2:18 PM