| Jang Online | Daily Jang | The News | Site Map |

          September  07, 2007 Friday Shabban 24, 1428 A.H

  Doomsday for false claimants of prophethood

Compiled by QHA Rabbani
  September 7 is considered as doomsday for false claimants of prophethood as
the National Assembly of Pakistan announced on Sep 7, 1974, all false claimants
of prophethood and their followers out of the fold of Islam and afterwards they
were stopped from propagating their false beliefs. As regards the importance of
the day, I would like to quote some of the sayings of Prophet Muhammad (Sall
Allaho alaihe wasallam), which say that he is the last of the prophets and
there will be no new prophet after him, and this implies that all the claimants
of prophethood after him are false and liars.
  Allah's Messenger (Sall Allaho alaihe wasallam) said: "Certainly my example
and the example of prophets earlier than me is like the example of a palace
most elegant and most beautiful constructed by a person except (that he left in
it) a blank space for a brick in one of its corners and that made the people
(who were) going around it wonder (at its marvellousness) and exclaimed (in
perplexion): Why not is this brick inlaid in here. The Prophet (Sall Allaho
alaihe wasallam) said, I am that (corner's last) brick and I am the last of the
prophets." (Sahih Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)
  The above Hadith is also related by Jabir bin Abdullah (RA) and is included
in Musnad Ahmad, Sahih Muslim and Jama-e-Tirmizi. Sahih Muslim's narration ends
with theses words: Said Allah's Messenger (Sall Allaho alaihe wasallam): So I
am in place of this brick; I came and so I completed the chain of the prophets.
  The above Hadith is also related by Abi bin Kaab (RA) as recorded in Musnad
Ahmed and Tirmizi.
  "My example among the prophets has a likeness (in the sense) that a man
constructed a palace most lovely and perfect and extremely elegant but left the
place of one brick incomplete in it (for subsequent inlaying); then people went
around the palace and wondered (on its excellence) and said, "Would that space
for one brick be also filled up!" The holy Prophet (Sall Allaho alaihe
wasallam) said, "I am in place of this brick among the prophets." (Musnad Ahmed
& Tirmizi)
  Allah's Messenger Muhammad (Sall Allaho alaihe wasallam) said: I have been
bestowed with excellence over (other) prophets in six respects:
  1. I have been gifted with comprehensive words,
  2. I have been helped through awe (being put in the hearts of enemies),
  3. spoils have been made lawful to me,
  4. the whole earth turned into a mosque for me and a means of purification,
  5. I have been ordained as the Prophet for all humanity, and
  6. the line of the prophets has been terminated with me. (Sahih Muslim)
  One Hadith containing similar subject matter is narrated in Sahihain from
Jabir (RA) that the Prophet (Sall Allaho alaihe wasallam) said: I have been
gifted with five qualities not bestowed upon anybody before me. At the end of
this Hadith are the following words: Former prophets were sent to their people
alone, whereas I have been sent as the Prophet to all mankind. (Mishkat)
  From Saad bin Abi Waqas (RA): said Allah's Messenger Muhammad (Sall Allaho
alaihe wasallam) to Hadhrat Ali (Allah be pleased with him): You have the same
relation with me as Haroon had with Musa (Alaihis Salaam) except that there
shall be no prophet after me. (Sahih Bukhari)
  Abu Hurairah (RA) relates from Prophet Muhammad (Sall Allaho alaihe wasallam)
that the Bani Israel were led by their own prophets, when one prophet died,
another prophet took his place but there shall be no prophet after me that
there shall be Caliphs and they will be many. (Sahih Bukhari)
  In the case of our Prophet (Sall Allaho alaihe wasallam) even such prophets
will not come, except that there shall be religious reformers of the Ummah.
  Verily, Allah the Exalted will send down to this Ummah such men at the head
of every century who will revive the religion for it (the Ummah). (Abu Dawood)
  It is related by Hadhrat Thauban, (Allah be pleased with him) that our
Prophet (Sall Allaho alaihe wasallam) said, "In my Ummah there shall be born
thirty liars, each of them will pretend that he is a prophet but I am the last
of the prophets, there shall be no prophet after me. (Abu Dawood and Tirmizi)
  From Anas bin Malik (Allah be pleased with him) Allah's Messenger Muhammad
(Sall Allaho alaihe wasallam) said: Verily, risalat and nubuwwat are
terminated, so there shall be neither a rasool nor a nabi after me. (Tirmidhi
and Musnad Ahmad)
  From Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him): I heard the Prophet (Sall
Allaho alaihe wasallam) saying, "We are the last (Ummah) but will precede all
on the Day of Resurrection except that the Book was given to them before us.
(Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim)
  Hadhrat Aisha (Allah be pleased with her) said, "The Prophet (Sall Allaho
alaihe wasallam) said: I am the last Prophet and my mosque is the last mosque
among the mosques of all the prophets." (Kanzul Ummal)
  Hadhrat Ali (RA) describing virtues of the Prophet (Sall Allaho alaihe
wasallam) says: Between his shoulders was the signet of prophethood and he
(Prophet Muhammad) was Khatam-un-Nabieen. (Shamail-e-Tirmizi, p 3)
  It is narrated by Uqba bin Amir (RA) that Allah's Messenger Muhammad (Sall
Allaho alaihe wasallam) said: "If there could ever be a prophet after me,
indeed Umar bin Khattab (RA) would have been such." (Tirmizi, vol 2, p 209)
  Jubair bin Mut'am (RA) says: I heard the Prophet saying, "Certainly there are
some names for me, I am Muhammad, I am Ahmad, I am Mahi the obliterator as
Allah shall blot out kufr through me and I am Hashir, the gatherer of people
who shall be resurrected at my feet and I am Aaqib; the last to come as there
shall be no prophet after me. (Mishkat, p 515)
  It stands proved in the above written lines that Prophet Muhammad (Sall
Allaho alaihe wasallam) was the terminator of the entire chain of venerable
prophets with no exception (peace be upon them). Therefore, no person after him
(Prophet Muhammad) can be called a prophet in any meaning or sense and nobody
can fix for himself a prophetic stance by his guile or guise. Consequently, he
who does so or tries to do so or if anybody believes in the prophethood of that
claimant, then such a person is a cast off from the fold of Islam.
  And this finality of the Holy Prophet (Sall Allaho alaihe wasallam) is a
status, which is most dignified, an honour most distinguished and an esteem
most high. It is, therefore, a grave insult to the holy Prophet (Sall Allaho
alaihe wasallam), if somebody is so insolent as to lay a claim to the line of
prophethood.
  Moreover, even if one stretches ones human imagination to the furthest end
and presumes there is some prophet who has come in the world, he should seek
for a proof to substantiate his hypothesis, ie whether or not this new comer
has been indoctrinated with some fresh disciplines. If it is said that no new
learnings were given to the new prophet; rather the same learnings were again
revealed to him as had already been revealed to Prophet Muhammad (Sall Allaho
alaihe wasallam) that would be an inexplicable repetition. With the existing
prophetic learnings and the indiminishing Qur'aanic reservoir of knowledge,
such repetition by the "new prophet" should turn into a divine exercise in
futility, whereas Allah the exalted is absolutely above anything futile. And if
the plea is that this later claimant to prophethood was specifically bestowed
with such learnings as were not conferred upon the holy Prophet (Sall Allaho
alaihe wasallam), then this would (Allah forbid) tantamount
 to:
  1. belittling doctrinal learning sent by Allah through Prophet Muhammad (Sall
Allaho alaihe wasallam),
  2. insinuating that the Holy Qur'aan lacks completeness, and
  3. hinting at the imperfection of the Islamic faith, thereby disbelieving in
the Qur'aanic verse (Holy Qur'aan, 5:3): "This day I have perfected your
religion". Such thoughts and actions heap worst indignity upon the holy Prophet
(Sall Allaho alaihe wasallam), the Qur'aan and the religion of Islam.
  Moreover, if just for the sake of argument, it is supposed that there is a
prophet after our holy Prophet (Sall Allaho alaihe wasallam), then as a natural
corollary it will become incumbent upon all to express allegiance to him and
believe in whatever he says or does; and conversely disbelief in him will be
deemed infidelity and Kufr! Otherwise, what else could prophethood signify?
Such supposition in effect amounts to insulting the holy Prophet (Sall Allaho
alaihe wasallam) and finding fault with him to the extent that one who believes
in him and his entire religion is deemed an unbeliever (Kaffir) deserving hell
forever. It would mean that even belief in Prophet Muhammad (Sall Allaho alaihe
wasallam) would (Allah forbid) not be adequate to protect him from disbelief
(Kufr) and the hell. May Allah the exalted grant all the Muslims his
graciousness to remain attached to Prophet Muhammad (Sall Allaho alaihe
wasallam)!
  Renowned scholar and commentator of the Qur'aan, Allama Syed Mahmood Aloosi
writes in 'Tafseer Roohul-Ma'ani': "That he (Prophet Muhammad Sall Allaho
alaihe wasallam) was the final prophet, is ordained by the Holy Qur'aan,
acknowledged by the Sunnah and agreed upon by the Ummah. Hence, a claimant to
the contrary will be (determined as) an unbeliever."

      |Back Issues: The News - Daily Jang | Community | Greetings | Tariff

ABDUL WAHID OSMAN BELAL

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?