Assalaamalaikum

  This is good to learn new and masnoon duas. But duas for seher & Iftar that
are already narrated in our culture does not make a big difference.
  You know this is just a game of words. A lot many people get confused with
these trivial corrections. The main purpose is to fast correctly and remeber
Allah ( swt).

  JazakaAllah khair .
  abida

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

  Du’aa’ when seeing the new moon

      Al-Tirmidhi (3451) narrated from Talhah ibn ‘Ubayd-Allaah  that when the
Prophet  saw the new moon, he would say,
      “Allaahumma ahillahu ‘alaynaa bil-yumni wal-eemaani
  was-salaamati wal-islaami rabbii wa rabbukallaah”
      (O Allaah, make the new moon rise on us with blessing, faith, safety and
Islam. My Lord and Your Lord is Allah). Classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani
in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 2745.
      This du’aa’ is not just for the new moon of Ramadaan; rather the Muslim
should say it when he sees the new moon at the beginning of every month.

    No du’aa’ for Sehri

    There is no du’aa’ that the Muslim should say when starting to fast (sehri)
each day. Rather he should simply have the intention that he is going to fast
tomorrow.
      The intention is subject to the condition that it is made at night,
before the dawn comes, because the Prophet  said:
  “Whoever does not intend to fast before dawn, there is no fast for him.”
al-Tirmidhi, 730.
      According to a version narrated by al-Nasaa’i (2334):
  “Whoever does not intend to fast from the night before, there is no fast for
him.” Classed as hasan by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 573.
    What is meant is that whoever does not intend to fast and resolve to do so
from the night before, his fast is not valid.
      The intention (niyyah) is an action of the heart. The Muslim should
resolve in his heart that he is going to fast tomorrow. It is not prescribed
for him to utter it out loud and say, “I intend to fast” and other phrases that
have been innovated by some people.
      And Allaah knows best.

      Phrases innovated by some people:
      1. Allaahoumma (innee) aswoumou (radan) laka faghfirli maa qaddamtou wa
maa aa-khartou.
    2. (Wa) bisawmi ra‘dinn nawaitu (min shahri ramadwaan).
    3. Nawaitu an aswouma radan lillaahi ta‘aalaa min faradwi ramadwaana
(haazaa).
    4. Nawaitu an aswouma haazal yawma lillaahi ta‘aalaa min faradwi
ramadwaana.

      Note: It is obligatory to have the intention for the Farz fasts prior to
the dawn. But with regard to Naafil fasts, it is permissible to make the
intention to fast on the day, if you have not eaten or drunk or had intercourse
after Fajr, because it was proven in the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah  that the Prophet
 entered upon her one day at duha time and said, “Do you have anything (any
food)?” She said, “No.” He said, “Then I am fasting.” (Muslim 2/809).

    Correct Du’aa’ after Iftaar

Ibn ‘Umar  said: The Messenger of Allaah  used to say when breaking his fast:
  “Zahabaz-zwama’u wabtallatil-‘urooqu, wa thabatal-ajru inshaa’ Allaah”
      (Thirst is gone, the veins are moistened and the reward is certain if
Allaah wills).
      Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2357; al-Daaraqutni, 25. Ibn Hajar said in
al-Talkhees al-Habeer (2/202): al-Daaraqutni said, its isnaad is saheeh.
Classed as Hasan by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawood, Vol.2, Pg
449, No.2066

    Wrong Du’aa for Iftaar

      1.     The du’aa’ “Allaahumma laka sumtu wa ‘alaa rizqika aftartu” (O
Allaah, for You have I fasted and by Your provision I have broken my fast) was
narrated by Abu Dawood, 2358. It is a mursal hadeeth, so it is da’eef (weak).
Shaykh-ul-Hadith al-Albaani classed it as da’eef (weak) in Da’eef Sunan Abi
Dawood Pg 183, No. 2358 and in Irwaa al-Ghaleel, Vol 4, Pg 38, No. 919.
      2.     “Allaahumma (innee) laka sumtu (wa bika aamantu wa alaika
tawakkaltu) wa ‘alaa rizqika aftartu (fataqabbal minnee)” (Oh Allah I have
fasted for You, believed in You, relied on You, and with your sustenance i
break it. Therefore forgive me my past and future sins), which is a well-known
du’a of iftaar among people. But it’s not the masnoon du’a for iftaar.
      3.     The words “Allaahumma laka sumtu wa ‘alaa rizqika aftartu,
Allaahumma taqabbal minni, innaka antaal-samee’ al-‘aleem” (O Allaah, for You I
have fasted and with Your provision I have broken my fast, O Allaah accept
(this fast) from me for You are the All-Hearing, All-Knowing) are all da’eef
(weak), as stated by Ibn al-Qayyim (Zaad al-Ma’aad, 2/51).

    Du’aa’ when breaking fast in someone's house

    Aftwara ‘indakumus swaa-i-mouna, wa-akala twa‘aamakumul ab-raaru,
wa-swallat ‘alaikumul malaa-i-kah
      (May the fasting (men) break their fast in your home, and may the dutiful
and pious eat your food, and may the angels send prayers upon you.)
    Narrated by Abu Dawood 3/367. Shaykh al-Albaani declared it authentic in
Al-Kalim At-Tayyib, Pg 103.

  Abida Rahmani

  If all the trees in the world were used to make paper it would not be
sufficient to write all the blessings provided to us.

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?