Assalaamu 'alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,

  I totally concur with what you have said my brother. In our Deen we have the
concept of Husnu Dhann (having good thoughts of our brethren), and a particular
ahadith also mentions in the thrid part of a longer hadith: "man kana yu'minu
billahi wal yawmil Akhir, fal yaqul khayyan awli yasmut!" -
  That "...He who believes in Allah subhaanahu wa ta'ala and the Last Day,
should either speak good or remain silent'.

  Sadaqta ya Rasulullah sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam.

  I personally am following your emails and how this is all flowing through.
May Allah subhaanahu wa ta'ala make it a beneficial endeavour.

  Our teachers here in Australia mention to us the importance of seeking
beneficial knowledge. Yes we may not have to go on Rihlah jouneys for 4-5 years
to collect hadith anymore, but being looked after while learning one's Deen is
also a great Blessing from Allah subhaanahu wa ta'ala.

  No one should compare the people of today to the pious predecessors of yester
year, as we can not equal them in what they contributed to the body of Islamic
Knowledge, but we can try to be like them, or to follow in their footsteps.

  BarakAllahu feek akhil Kareem,

  Fi Amanillah

  Abu Khadijah
  Melbourne

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
          ASA, I participated in the visit, however I had nothing to do with the
writing of the article. I believe it leaves the wrong impression and
does not accurately put the visit there in proper prospective.

Nevertheless, the article as it reads does not warrant the charges of
shirk that the responder asserts.

It is not shirk to visit a grave site, and it is not shirk to pray for
the soul of the deceased. This is evidenced by the millions of
Muslims who have visited the Prophet's Mosque in Medinah where the
Prophet, Omar and Abu Bakr (PBUT) have their grave sites and for whom
billions of other Muslims have prayed to Allah for their souls.

Nothing in the article says that anyone prayed to the Sheikh or to his
gravesite. So what act does the responder present to justify is
accusations of shirk?

When our group visited the Masjid which is under construction and
unavaiable for prayer, the maghrib pray time was just coming in.
There where carpets on the ground outside of both the Masjid and the
grave site, where the Imam led the maghrib prayer.

The group joined that fard prayer. So I don't know how the reporter
knew what prayer anyone prayed other than the fard prayer.

Therefore, I pray that these additional facts and details puts the
matter in a different light, and protrays a more accurate report of
what kind of prayer was performed there.

I also don't understand the criticism raised by other responders for
anyone advancing themselves in the religion of Islam by seeking and
receiving Islamic knowledge via an Imams training program. How can
what we are learning take away from anyone else's religious
achievements? No degree from any university is required for anyone
to perform the role of Imam in Islam.

Peace, Curtis Sharif