* *

*

Ibn 'Umar's Vision of Hell*

**

*al-Bukhaari and Muslim report that Ibn 'Umar* said, "I saw in a dream that
two angels came to me. Each of them was holding a whip of iron in his hand.
Then I met (another) angel who was also holding a whip of iron in his hand.
They said, "Do not worry, you are a good man; we just wish that you prayed
more at night". They took me to the edge of Hell, which looked like a well
with horns: between every two horns stood an angel holding a whip of iron. I
saw men hanging upside-down, held with chains, and I recognised some men of
Quraysh. Then they led me away, towards the right. I told Hafsah about my
dream, and she told the Messenger of Allah (saw) who said, "Abdullaah is a
righteous man*". (at-Takhweef min an-Naar, p.51) *

Compiled from various sources.

 * Permission is granted to circulate among private individuals and groups,
to post on Internet sites and to publish in full text and subject title in
not-for-profit publications. *

**

*Note that an English translation of the Qur'an is an interpretation of the
Qur'an, and does not have the perfect status as the Qur'an in its original
Arabic form.*

<<image002.gif>>

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image005.jpg>>