Assalam u Alaikum,

I hope everybody is fine which ever part of the world they are in. As you would
agree with me, since 9/11, the focus of the media has been constantly on
terrorism and extremism. There is a class of muslims who are being branded as
extremists (and sometimes terrorists) while another class has been promoted as
moderates and good (or peaceful) muslims. This is true wherever you live on
this globe and also true in our homeland Pakistan. Any of us can easily be
confused by all this jargon and can start questioning as to who is right and
who is wrong in this hodge podge of views. We easily curse without hesitation
those who the media curses without a second thought.

RAND (http://rand.org) issued a report on defining a moderate muslim and the
following title does a very good job in explaing what would a moderate muslim
mean compared to an extemist muslim! i.e. what would be the criteria and that
is according to RAND! In other words it exposes the "THE BATTLE OF THE HEARTS
AND MINDS" (BY ANWAR AWLAKI) being waged not just on muslims, but Islam itself.
Dont miss out listening to it and forward it to those you love and care for.

http://www.salaattime.com/downloads/anwar/Lectures/The%20Battle%20of%20Hearts%20and%20Minds.mp3

wassalam

--
khalid

Not happy with your email address?.
Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at
Yahoo! http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html