  From: Shahid.
  To: islamcity@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:03 PM
  Subject: Re: Dubai to set up Muhammad museum

  As-Salaamu 'Alaykum,

  I know that when we speak, we are to use the salutation on the Prophet (
sallallahu alayhi wassalam) and the one who doesn't is the most stingiest
person. Thank you for bringing it up so that everyone is reminded of it.

  We are also to use the full islamic greeting when greeting a muslim, not an
abbrevian, because that is muslim's right upon another muslim to receive the
greeting and it is a command from the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassalam) to
greet the ones (muslim) you know and the ones (muslim) you don't know. It is
the greeting Adam (alayhi salaam) gave to the angels and they returned the
greeting back and Allah said that this will be the greeting of Adam (alayhi
salaam)'s progeny. Abbreviations don't mean anything but what is stated. so
AOA, WA, 786 don't mean anything more than what letters and numbers.

  wa'l salaamu alaykum
  Shahid.
  Re: Dubai to set up Muhammad museum
  Posted by: "Nasir Javaid Maqsood Imran, Chartered Acc" Nasir Javaid Maqsood
Imran, Chartered Accountan
  Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:38 pm (PDT)
  Dear Shahid
  AOA
  It is always required to uses sallAllaahu `alaihi wasallam whenever we use
the word prophet Muhammad or only Prophet
  wasalam
  nasir