--- On Sat, 7/26/08, PRASHANT Ahmedabad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: PRASHANT Ahmedabad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: STATEMENT on THE BLASTS IN AHMEDABAD
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 9:51 PM

We condemn .in no uncertain terms the bomb blasts in Ahmedabad, Bangalore..and
the other senseless acts of violence in other parts of the country..
We sympathise with all those affected very specially those who have lost
their near and dear ones..May the departed souls rest in peace..
We earnestly plead with all those who indulge in such heinous acts to eschew
any act of violence immediately. .These acts serve no purpose
We call upon the State and National Government and other concerned
authorities to deal with the situation firmly, but not to demonise any
particular community or randomly arrest any one..We also call upon these
officials to ensure that there there is justice and equity for all
Finally we call upon evey section of civil society (very specially the
leaders) to play a responsible role and to do all it can to maintain
communal peace, harmony and calm in these moments of crises
Fr Cedric Prakash sj
Director PRASHANT..

With Regards

Abi