--- On Sun, 8/3/08, muslimconverts.com wrote:

Assalamu alaykum
I need help to find support for my situation. I married my husband
june 16th, 2007 and we have a baby who is 5 months old now and in
foster care. He went in foster care because I got very depressed after
the birth and could not take care of him. They diagnosed me as manic
depressive. My husband already said he divorced me and he has been
living separately since may. My husband says he hates marriage and
never wants to marry again because our marriage was so rocky. I was
not taking medication until after the birth of our baby so I can
understand where he is coming from, still it is rash that he decided
to divorce instead of giving me  a chance to  redeem myself and live
with him again now that I am on medication and feeling better.
There is nothing I can do or say to change his mind though...he has
declared many times that he does not want to live with me. He wants to
take our baby to kuwait and leave it with his mother because he works
fulltime and can not be there for him. I am from canada and I am not
invited to go to kuwait with his family. I am  going back to canada
next week and the  baby will be staying with the foster family (a nice
german couple) until  the court decides which parent gets custody of
the baby. I really need support out there from any who has been
through a custody battle like this.
salam alaykum
lisa grant

As salamu alaikum,
May AllaH heal you for this illness. It is important to take you medication
.Obviously during pregancy it may be probalamatic.

Next time you can inshaAllah marry an undertanding brother. It is best to tell
right from teh beginning that you have this illness before the Nikkah is done.

As for you child if the famaily are not Muslim then they should not be looking
after the child. It would be better for your mother in law to look after the
child. Than some kaffir famaily.

May Allah give you a good Islamic husband and help you through these difficult
times. lso this is a test for you so be patient.

Make sure you take your medication and InshaAllah you will become better now.
If you are in the UK then I know a brother who has severe mental illness and he
said his psyciatrist is Muslim and very good and maybe I can try and get the
number. he actaully said he stopped taking the medicine and he was in an very
bad  state, But he said his wife has been very udnerstand and been good to him.
And no doubt that will be a form of ajjar for her. Hwoever not every has teh
skills to deal with a spounce that has severe depression problems.

Also  majority of converts dont marry the right kind of Muslim. Some sisters do
not know that there is a spectrum of Muslims. Some Muslims good and some not so
good.

Others converts like to hear advive but are not willing to actually take
heed. In past i have sepent maybe hundred or hundred of housrs wrieting emails
and advicing at leangth.

Yet teh sisters are not willing to take heed. Becaus etehy think tehy know best
when it comes to marraige and they dont wnat to listen. Others brotehsr who
help converts have told me the same.

So it is up to the convert sister or brother to read on www.muslimconverts. com
about marriage

Take care
walaikum salam
AbuUbaida

subject Subject: Re: Wishing to become Muslim (Andr)

assalamu alaykum
do not be afraid this would be the best decision in your life.
I converted about 2 years ago and I was all alone too. but I managed
to find a couple friends to get by on. Allah swt will not leave you
alone. When you convert then he will reward you, like he did me, with
a few friends.
it is good that you are surrounded by christians, at least they are
faithful and not pagans who  do worse haram things.
MAy allah swt bless you with an easy transition  into the faith.
Lisa