ABDUL WAHID OSMAN BELAL

--- On Fri, 8/8/08, Friday Nasiha Maintainer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: Friday Nasiha Maintainer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Issue 489 - Puffing Up, Fasting in Shaban, Crying Like A Baby
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Friday, 8 August, 2008, 8:15 AM

Friday Nasiha

      Click here to view on your browser. Add [EMAIL PROTECTED] to your address
book

  In the Name of Allah, The Most Beneficent, The Most Merciful

                        R I D A Y   N A S I H A - Issue
                        489

                      Shaban 6, 1429   A.H. -- August 8, 2008 C.E.

      Young
      Muslims - www.youngmuslims.ca | Friday Nasiha - www.fridaynasiha.com

                  Living
                    the Quran
                  - Ghafir (The Forgiver) Chapter 40: Verse 56 (Partial)

                  Understanding
                    the Prophet's Life
                  - Fasting in Shaban

                  Blindspot!
                  - Crying Like A Baby

                  Maintainer's
                    Message
                   - Forward | Subscribe | Share

                   Living
                    the Quran

                  Ghafir (The Forgiver)

                    Chapter 40: Verse 56 (Partial)
          Puffing Up

                        "And they have pride in their hearts and will fail to
reach it"
                    When a man feels  superiority over others and with this a
sort of inward   elation, this is called pride. It differs from vanity in as
much as vanity means   consciousness of one's elation while pride requires a
subject, an object and a   feeling of elation. Suppose a man is born solitary
in the world, he may be vain   but not proud, because in pride man considers
himself superior to others for   certain qualities of his self. He allots one
position to his self and another to   others, and then thinks that his position
is higher, and is therefore elated.   This "puffed up" feeling which imparts a
sense of "touch me not" is called   pride.
                    lbn Abbas says that the above sentence in the Quran means
that the thought of inward greatness will be denied to them. This   thought is
the source of inward and outward actions, which are so to speak the   fruits of
it.

                    A proud man will not tolerate any other to be on equal
terms with himself. In   private and in public he expects that all should
assume a respectful attitude   towards him and, acknowledging his superiority,
treat him as a higher being.   They should greet him first, make way for him
wherever he walks; when he speaks   everyone should listen to him and-never try
to oppose him. He is a genius and   people are like asses. They should be
grateful to him, seeing that he is so   condescending. Such proud men are found
especially among the 'Ulama'. Sages are   ruined by their pride.

                    Virtues are the doors of Paradise, but pride and self-
esteem lock them all. So   long as man feels elated he will not like for others
what he likes for himself.   His self-esteem will deprive him of humility,
which is the essence of   righteousness. He will neither be able to discard
enmity and envy, resentment   and wrath, slander and scorn, nor will he be able
to cultivate truth and   sincerity, and calmly listen to any advice. In short,
there is no evil which a   proud man will not inevitably do in order to
preserve his elation and   self-esteem. Vices are like a chain of rings linked
together which entangle his   heart. Therefore, an atom of pride is Satan's
spark, which secretly consumes the   nature of the sons of Adam.
                    Source:

  "Ihya Ulum-ud Deen" (The Revival of the Religious Sciences) - Abu Hamid
Al-Ghazzali

                  go
                    to the top ^

                   Understanding the Prophet's Life

                  Fasting           in Shaban
                     Ayesha said: "I           never saw the Messenger of
Allaah fast a complete month except for Ramadan,           and I have never
seen him fast more in a month than he did in Shaban."           [Bukhaari,
Muslim]
                    Usamah ibn Zaid inquired: "O Messenger           of Allaah,
I never find you fasting in any month like you do during the           month of
Shaban." The Prophet responded: "That           is the month the people
neglect. It comes between Rajab and Ramadan. It           is a month in which
the deeds are raised to the Lord of the Worlds. I           love that my deeds
be raised while I am fasting."           [An-Nasaa'i, authenticated by ibn
Khuzaimah. Hasan according to al-Albaani]
                    Narrated Abu Hurairah, Allaah's Messenger           said:
"When the month of Shaban is           halfway, do not fast." [Reported by the
five, Ahmad           disapproved it].
                    As-San`aanee says in Subul us-Salaam: "One           can
fast provided he has to observe a compensatory fasting (in lieu of
the Fard - obligatory ones) or the other prescribed ones which may be
categorised as Wajib (compulsory). However, the volitional fasting is
prohibited lest one should be subjected to exhaustion and weakness that
  may in turn render the Ramadan obligatory fasting difficult for him."
                    Source:

                      Islaam.com

                  go
                  to the top ^

                   Blindspot!

                  Crying Like A Baby

                    When was the last time you cried like a   baby?
                    We can't afford not to be crying in front of   Allah, the
Merciful, All-Aware.
                    Tears flow when we remember how much Allah   has blessed us
with and how much we disobey Him. We can never repay Allah for   everything we
have, yet we still blatantly commit sins both big and small:   whether it's
backbiting, hurting other human beings, not standing up for the   truth,
treating our family badly, lying, doing good deeds to show off, cheating,   etc.
                    Abdullah ibn Umar, may Allah be pleased with   him, said he
would rather shed two tears from the fear of Allah than give a   thousand
dinars in charity.
                    And the most telling example of a man who   few would think
would cry because of Allah is Umar, may Allah be pleased with   him. He was
known for being strong, fearless, and uncompromising when it came to   matters
of faith. Yet, Abdullah ibn Isa said that Umar had two black streaks on   his
face because of constant weeping.
                    He feared Allah so much that he once said,   "If someone
announced from the heavens that everybody will enter Paradise except   one
person, I would fear that that person would be me."
                    Umar was one of the strongest believers. Yet   he cried and
feared Allah. And Abu Bakr, he was simply known for his crying.   These people
loved to serve human beings in the day and spent time begging God   to save
humanity at night. May Allah be pleased with them.
                    Let's be more contemplative and pray for an   awareness of
and forgiveness for our sins, as well as softness in our hearts. If   Umar the
brave and pious did it, we have even more need and urgency to do   it.
                    Source:

"Crying in Front of Allah - It's not impossible" - Abdul Malik Mujahid

                  go
                    to the top ^

                   Maintainer's Message

                  Assalamu Alaikum. Please remember to delete your personal
information at the bottom of this email prior to forwarding to others. You may
get unsubscribed and we don't confirm unsubscription requests. Best way to
forward is to use the forward option by our service provider.
                  Please donate generously to help our projects and activities.

                  go
                    to the top ^

                   Subscribe

                  * = Required Field

        * Email

       First Name

       Last Name

                  If the form above is disabled in your email client please
proceed to the url below to subscribe:

                  http://www.fridaynasiha.com

                  go
                    to the top ^

        This message was sent from Friday Nasiha Maintainer to [EMAIL
PROTECTED] It was sent from: Young Muslims Canada, P.O. Box 48030, Mississauga,
ON L5A 1W0, Canada. You can modify/update your subscription via the link below.

                                                Manage your subscription

                                        View message

                                        Comment on this message

                                                Receive as RSS

Not happy with your email address?.
Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at
Yahoo! http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html