Either we don't it at all, or when we do, we overdo it.

The amount 5 million rupees for ONE student is way more than he needs to
complete his education.

This sets up a very BAD example for hundreds of thousands of similarly placed
poor students of Pakistan. I am sure many students are doing just as well or
even better than this student in different levels of their learning careers.
Are they going to get $70,000 as well from our charitable Chief Minister?

Looks like the 'uqaab' has settled on a noble head and that's a good photo op
for the CM.

Why can't we have a uniform, well-thought-out, wisely planned, policy that
promises to help thousands of well-deserving students so we can have a great
nation coming up for the benefit of the country in just a decade or couple of
decades down the road?  What did the CM or the nation of Pakistan achieve with
this $70,000? Perhaps a better future for ONE individual---or good photo op for
the CM!

Where is our head? Certainly does not seem to be on our shoulders.

Irfan