http://www.cageprisoners.com/campaigns.php?id=781

To: UN Human Rights, European Court of Human Rights, Amnesty International USA,
Islamic Human Rights Commission
Appeal for the Release of Dr. Afia Siddiqui & Her 3 Children

PAKISTAN/USA: A lady doctor is missing with her three children since five years
after her arrest

Name of victim: Ms. Dr. Afia Siddiqui and her three children
Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi, Sindh province
The units of the alleged perpetrators: Intelligence agencies of Pakistan and
the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI-US)

I am shocked to know that Dr. Afia Siddiqui, a Pakistani citizen has been
missing with her three children since April 2003, after her arrest by
intelligence agencies of Pakistan. The whereabouts of children is also unknown,
which is a serious act of negligence on the part of the government with regard
to its responsibility to protect the citizen of the Pakistan.

According to the information I have received Dr. Afia was picked-up by
Pakistani intelligence agencies while on her way to the airport and initial
reports suggested that she was handed over to the American FBI. A few days
later an American news channel, NBC, reported that Afia had been arrested in
Pakistan on suspicion of facilitating money transfers for terror networks of
Osama Bin Laden.

On April 1, 2003, a small news item was published in an Urdu daily with
reference to a press conference of then Interior Minister Faisal Saleh Hayat
when, in reply to a question regarding the arrest of Dr. Siddiqui, he said she
has not been arrested. But in another report the minister for interior
said,”You will be astonished to know about the activities of Dr. Afia.” A
weekly English magazine in its special coverage on Dr. Afia reported that after
one week of the incident, an intelligence agency official, a motor cyclist in
plain clothes, came to the house of her mother and warned “We know that you are
connected to higher-ups but do not make an issue out of her daughter’s
disappearance” and threatened her with dire consequences. After this
development the whereabouts of Dr. Afia and her children are yet unknown.

What is also of grave concern to me is that when she was arrested by Pakistani
intelligence authorities she was handed over to American intelligence agencies
without being tried in Pakistan, I do not find any rationale in sending her
along with her children to other country when there are Pakistani laws to deal
with the suspected terrorists. It is known that President Musharraf handed over
600 suspected terrorists to America.

There are reports that in Afghanistan’s prison of Bagram there is a woman
prison known as Prisoner 650 and that she has been severely tortured. It is
also widely suspected that Prisoner 650 is Dr. Afia Siddiqui. This prisoner has
reportedly lost her mind due to constant rape and ill treatment.

I remind you that this is the duty of coalition government under Prime Minister
Mr. Yousaf Raza Gillani to probe cases of those Pakistani suspected terrorists
who have been handed over to foreign forces in the name of war on terror. The
government should also inform Pakistani citizens about the whereabouts of Dr.
Afia Siddiqui and her children. I also demand that government should also
ensure the safety of her children.

In the light of recent media reports, I APPEAL TO all the champions of human
rights across the world to come forward and play their role in locating the
unfortunate Doctor and her three children. If she is guilty, PUNISH Her but
please let us put an end to this misery of her family and her innocent
children.

Yours sincerely,
Fawwaz Siddiqui
Sincerely,