HJC - 'Eed al-Fitr 1429 – Tuesday 30 September 2008...

Official Decision and Announcement of the High Judiciary Council of Saudi
Arabia...

Just a short time ago, Fatwa-Online was informed of the official decision and
announcement of the High Judiciary Council (HJC) of Saudi Arabia that since the
moon of Shawwaal was sighted this evening, here in Saudi Arabia, we shall be
completing twenty nine(29) days of Ramadhaan (1429 A.H.), in accordance with
the hadeeth of the Messenger of Allaah (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam):

((Fast when you see the crescent. If it is obscured to you, then complete
thirty days of Sha'baan. And break your fast when you see the crescent. If it
is obscured to you then fast thirty days)), [transmitted by al-Bukhaaree and
Muslim].

Subsequently, we shall be celebrating 'Eed al-Fitr on Tuesday 30 September
2008, inshaa.-Allaah.