I'm wondering... .

Why is President-elect Barack Obama suddenly so silent? He spoke out and acted
swiftly regarding the financial crisis, then later the automakers' crisis.  Is
it that this great humanitarian crisis, the genocide of Palestinians, does not
qualify in his mind (and heart) as a great crisis?  Is bailing out the Wall
Street financiers and car manufacturers more important than aiding the
collective suffering of innocent men, women, and children?  Is speaking out
against crimes that are committed against humanity less important?  I'm
wondering.

His silence makes him complicit with the execution of this vicious military
campaign and the massacre of defenseless civilians in Gaza using US taxpayers'
dollars.  Obama has surrounded himself with Israeli loyalists and has pledged
his support for Israel.  His chosen vice president, Joe Biden, has openly
claimed, "I am a Zionist (smiling). You don't have to be a Jew to be a
Zionist." Unfortunately, he has surrounded himself with others like Biden who
are pro-war and pro-Israel loyalists (Rahm, Clinton, Axelrod, etc...the list is
long).  They have unrelenting support for Israeli causes, including and most
likely the massacre in Gaza.  Obama has not picked one moderate or someone who
is against war from amongst his fellow Congressmen/ women yet. This article,
Barack Obama: “America’s First Jewish President”, by Professor James Petras
addresses these facts.

I'm also wondering...

Thinking back, I now reflect on what Biden said (and what he meant) when he
made comments on the campaign trial.  Did he already know something back in
October?  Could his comments be related to having prior knowledge of the
current war in Gaza, which according to Ha'aertz was planned six months ago?
Here are Biden's words:
"Mark my words: It will not be six months before the world tests Barack
Obama,"  "The world is looking. We're going to have an international crisis to
test the mettle of this guy. I guarantee you it's gonna happen."

These are comments from a talk Biden gave to campaign contributors at Seattle's