11. Chapter: On Striving (Mujahada)

Allah Almighty says, "As for those do jihad in Our Way, We will guide them to
Our paths. Truly Allah is with the good-doers," (29:69) and the Almighty says,
"And worship your Lord until whay is Certain comes to you." (15:99) The
Almighty says, "Remember the Name of your Lord, and devote yourself to Him
completely," (73:7) and the Almighty says, "Whoever does an atom's weight of
good will see it" (W99:8; H99:7) The Almighty says, "Whatever good you send
ahead for your yourselves, you will find it with Allah as something better and
as a greater reward." (W73;18; H73:20) The Almighty says, "Whatever good you
give away, be Allah knows it." (W2:272; H2:273)

97. Ibn 'Abbas said that the Messenger of Allah, (PBUH), said, "There are two
blessings which deceive many people: health and free time." [al-Bukhari]
98. 'A'isha reported that the Prophet, (PBUH), used to pray at night until his
feet became cracked. "I said to him, 'Why do you do this. Messenger of Allah,
when Allah has forgiven you all your past and future wrong actions?' He said,
'Do I not want to be a grateful slave?'" [Agreed upon. This is the variant of
al-Bukhari]