14. On Moderation in Worship

Allah says, "Ta Ha. We did not send down the Qur'an to you to make you
miserable," (20:1) and the Almighty says, "Allah desires ease for you; He does
not desire difficulty for you." (W2:184; H2:185)

145. Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, (PBUH), said, "The deen is easy.
Anyone who makes the deen too hard on himself will find it becomes too much for
him. So aim for what is right, follow a middle path, accept the good news of
the reward for right action, and seek help [to reach your goal by being
constant in worshipping] in the morning, evening and some of the
night."[al-Bukhari]

In one variant of al-Bukhari, "so aim for what is right, follow a middle path,
and head for the goal in the morning, evening and some of the night and you
will reach the goal."

148. Abu 'Abdullah Jabir ibn Samura said, "I used to pray the prayers with the
Prophet, (PBUH), and his prayer was of medium length and his khutba was of
medium length." [Muslim]