23. Chapter: On Commanding The Right And Forbidding The Wrong

Allah Almighty says, "Let there be a community among you who call to the good,
and enjoin the right, and forbid the wrong. They are the ones who have
success." (3:104) The Almighty says, "You are the best nation ever to be
produced before mankind. You enjoin the is right, forbid the wrong." (3:110).
The Almighty says, "Make allowances for people, command what is right, and turn
away from the ignorant," (7:199) and the Almighty says, "The believers, men and
women, are friends of one another. They command what is right and forbid what
is wrong." (9:71) The Almighty says, "Those among the Tribe of Israel who
rejected were cursed on the tongue of Dawud and that of 'Isa, son of Maryam.
That is because they rebelled and overstepped the limits. They would not
restrain one another from any of the wrong things that they did. How evil were
the things they used to do!" (5:78-79) and the Almighty says, "Say: 'It is the
truth from your Lord; so let whoever wishes
 believe and whoever wishes reject.'" (18:29) The Almighty says, "Proclaim what
you have been ordered to," (15:94) and the Almighty says, "We rescued those who
forbidden the evil and seized those who did wrong with a harsh punishment
because they were deviators." (7:165)

187. An-Nu'man ibn Bashir reported that the Prophet, (PBUH), said, "The
metaphor of someone who stops at the limits of Allah and someone who
transgresses them is that of some people who draw lots on a boat. Some of them
get the upper deck and some of them the lower. When those in the lower deck
want to get water, they have to pass by those above them. Then they say, 'If we
were to make a hole in our deck, we would not have to bother those above us.'
If they were to let them do what they wanted, all of them would perish. If they
seize hold of their hands and stop them, they will be saved and all of them
will be saved." [al-Bukhari]