For more Islamic Stuffs Visit:www.zonemvs.co.cc

The Truce of
Hudeybiah and Story of Hadhrat Abu Jandal and Hadhrat Abu Basir (Radhiyallaho
anhuma)

In the 6th year of
Hijrah, the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) along with his companions left
for Mecca to perform Umrah. The Qureysh heard of the news and decided to resist
his entry into Mecca even as a pilgrim, and so he had to encamp at Hudeybiah.
The devoted Sahabah, 1400 in number, were however determined to enter,
even if it involved an open fight; but the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam)
viewed the matter differently and in spite of the Sahabah's eagerness to fight,
entered into a treaty with the Qureysh, accepting their conditions in full. This
one-sided and seemingly ungraceful truce was a very bitter pill for the Sahabah
to swallow, but their devotion

to the Prophet
(Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) would not allow them to demur, and even the most
valiant man like Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallaho anho) could not but submit to his
decision. According to one of the articles of the treaty, converts to Islam
during the period of the truce were to be returned, but not so the deserters
from Muslims to Qureysh.

Hadhrat Abu Jandal
(Radhiyallaho anho) a Muslim in Mecca, was suffering great persecution at the
hands of Qureysh. They kept him constantly in chains. On hearing about the
arrival of the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) in Hudeybiah, he escaped
somehow and managed to reach the Muslim camp at a time when the truce was about
to be signed. His father, Suhail (till then a non-Muslim)

was the envoy of
Qureysh in the negotiations for the truce. He smote Hadhrat Abu Jandal
(Radhiyallaho
anho) on his face and insisted on taking him back to Mecca. The Prophet

(Sallallaho alaihe
wasallam) represented that, since the truce had not till then been written, its
application in Abu Jandal's case was premature. Suhail, however, would not
listen
to any argument and was not inclined to leave his son with the Muslims even at
the personal request of the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam), and would
have forgone the truce even. Abu Jandal (Radhiyallaho anho) counting his
hardships remonstrated at the top of his voice but, much to the grief of the
Sahabah, the Prophet (Salallaho alaihe wasallam) agreed to his return. He
however enjoined

patience on him
saying:

"Do not be
distressed, Hadhrat Abu Jandal (Radhiyallaho anho), Allah will shortly open a
way for you."

After the truce was
signed and the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) had returned to Madinah,
another Meccan Muslim Hadhrat Abu Basir (Radhiyallaho anho) escaped to Madinah
and besought the Prophet's (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) protection. The Prophet
(Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) refused to accept his implorations and, in
deference to the truce condition, handed him over to the two persons who had
been deputed by the Qureysh to claim him. He,

however, advised him
as he had advised Hadhrat Abu Jandal (Radhiallaho anho) to be patient and to
hope for the help of Allah. When Hadhrat Abu Basir (Radhiyallaho anho) and his
escort were on their way back to Mecca, Hadhrat Abu Basir (Radhiyallaho anho)
said to one of them:

"Friend, your
sword is extremely fine."

The man was flattered
and took it out from the sheath and said:

"Yes it is
really very fine, and I have tried it on so many persons. You can have a look
at it."

Most foolishly he
made over the sword to Abu Basir (Radhiyallaho anho), who immediately 'tried'
it on its owner and killed him. The other man took to his heels and reached
Madinah to report to the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam).

In the meantime Abu
Basir (Radhiyallaho anho) also arrived. He said to the Prophet (Sallallaho
alaihe wasallam):

"0,Prophet
of Allah, you once returned me and absolved yourself of the truce obligations.
I had no obligations to fulfill and I managed my escape from them by this
trick, as I was afraid of their forcing me to forsake my faith."

The Prophet
(Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) remarked:

"You are a
war-monger. I wish you could be helped."

Hadhrat Abu Basir
[Radhiyallaho anho) came to understand from this that he would be returned to
Qureysh again when they demanded him. He therefore left Madinah and fled to a
place in the desert on the sea shore. Abu Jandal (Radhiyallaho anho) also
managed his escape and joined him there. More Muslims of Mecca followed, and in
a few days quite a small group of such fugitives gathered in the wilderness.
They had to undergo untold sufferings in the desert. where there was neither
habitation nor vegetation. They, however, being bound by no treaty proved a
great nuisance for the Qureysh by dealing blows after blows on their caravans
passing that way. This compelled the Qureysh to approach the Prophet
(Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) and beseech him to intervene and call the
fugitives to Madinah, so that they might be bound by the terms of the treaty
like
other Muslims, and the caravans might pass in safety.

It is said that
Hadhrat Abu Basir (Radhiyallaho anho) was on his death bed when the letter sent
by the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) permitting his return to Madinah
reached
him. He died while holding the Prophet's (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) letter in
his hand. No power on the earth can make a person forsake his faith, provided
it is a true faith. Moreover, Allah has given an assurance to help those who
are genuine Muslims.

Download Full Quran- Recited By Qari Abdul Basit Sb

Download Full Quran- Recited By Sudais Shuraim

Download Full Quran- Recited By Sheikh Mishary Rashid

Download Full Quran- Recited By Qari Mohmmad Qasim Ansari

Download Sahih Muslim Shareef

Download Sahih Bukhari Shareef

Visit us: www.zonemvs.co.cc