Dear Brothers/Sisters,

Assalam U Alaikum.

Alhamdulillah, I am quickly approaching the first issue of
the monthly publication of the magazine Seerah
West. Insha Allah, it will be our August 2009 issue.

There is a saying in Farsi, “Der Aayed Durust Aayed,” which means, “Late coming
is good coming.”

I hope, pray, strive, and request you to pray to make this
magazine the finest product of my life.

Seerah West

A Magazine on the Life of
Hope and Mercy upon Mankind

Seerah West is a monthly, family magazine specializing in the
Seerah, the life of Muhammad, s.a.w. It is the world’s first magazine on Seerah
in the English language.

Our mission is to present
extremely rich contents of Seerah Tayyeba in easy to understand English for
families, Muslims, non-Muslims, and youth. The content will also contain
English translations from Arabic, Urdu, and Farsi languages.

The biggest and most
vibrant event of this world is the advent of the last Messenger of Allah. As
the conflict between the believers and non-believers rages in Arab Peninsula,
the news of the Prophet, s.a.w., is the most important story of the human
history.  It is a story of passion,
adventure, movement and divine intervention.
Scholars, researchers, and writers have been writing on Seerah of Rasool
of Allah for 1400 years and still the thirst for Seerah knowledge increases day
by day. Allah truly says in Qur’an, “And exalted is your fame (O
Muhammad, s. a. w.)” –Al-Inshirah 94: 4.

Seerah West covers articles on different aspects of the life of
Muhammad, s.a.w., short stories based on
Seerah of Rasool of Allah, a serial novel based on Seerah of Rasool, poems in
the praise of Muhammad, s.a.w., feature stories on Muslim lives in North
America, prophetic medicine, book reviews, news
analysis in the light of Seerah, and Islamic educational system.

Our mission and endeavor for this magazine will be in
accordance with Allah’s ayahs:

“We sent you (O Muhammad, s.a.w.) not but as a Mercy for all
creatures” –Al-Anbiya 21:107.

 “We have sent you as
a messenger [O Muhammad, s. a.w.] to (instruct) mankind. And enough is Allah
for a witness” –An-Nisa 4:79 (part).

We request you to join this noble cause and support us in
this endeavor and to be a part of the club of LOVERS of MUHAMMAD, s.a.w.

About Publisher & Managing
Editor

Jawed Anwar, Publisher and Managing Editor of Seerah West, is also the owner and
editor of DailyMuslims.com, an online
news portal. He had been Publisher and Chief Editor of Muslims Weekly, New
 York, USA
from 1999 to 2006 and Publisher and Managing Editor of Monthly DATALOG,
Karachi, Pakistan
from 1988 to 1997.  He has completed
fellowship of New York Times Institute of Journalism in 2005, Certificate
Courses of Journalism from New
 York University, New York, USA in 1999, and M. A. in journalism from
University of Karachi, Pakistan in 1990. He also completed
his B. Sc. (Physics Hons.) program from Aligarh
Muslim University,
Aligarh, India in 1981.

He is an awarded journalist, and has written hundreds of
articles, columns, and feature stories in English and Urdu. His articles on
Islamic Education System, Intellectual History and Madrasah System in South
Asia got wide recognition and publicity. Jawed
Anwar currently writes a weekly Urdu column for Pakezah International, Toronto,
monthly column for Aafaq, Toronto, and a weekly column for Jasarat, Karachi

There are two ways you may support Seerah West:

1. Subscribe for
yourself, your relatives, your colleagues, your non-Muslim neighbors and
friends.

*Mohsin Subscription (one year):  $100

*General Subscription (USA &Canada):  $50

*Student Subscription:
$25

*International Subscription:
$100

2. Advertise in
the magazine and ask your business friends to advertise. Please ask for the
Media Kit and Insertion Order form.

53 Thorncliffe
  Park Drive, Suite #714

Toronto,