[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-8728?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
 ]

Colm O hEigeartaigh resolved CXF-8728.
--------------------------------------
    Resolution: Won't Fix

> Potential Refactoring
> ---------------------
>
>                 Key: CXF-8728
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-8728
>             Project: CXF
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>            Reporter: Alvin Tan Jian Jia
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: Cxf_cxf-3.3.5.csv
>
>
> *Summary*
> I have identified a few classes with refactoring potential, specifically 
> TokenStore. The class was refactored once on Apr 16, 2020 along with other 
> classes in commit 74816c53c77e814bb6a1422b9ec525b839c7f078. Given the 
> duration of the last refactoring, could it be possible to improve this class 
> further? I am probably not qualified and experienced enough to point out the 
> exact code needs to be refactored, given my limited knowledge of the project 
> and codebase.
> *Urgency*
> Low priority. For maintenance of code in the long run.
> Hi,
> I am currently doing some research on Estimating Time Taken for Software 
> Refactoring. Cxf is one of my case studies being a highly popular project. 
> Would appreciate your kind feedback on the appropriateness of the estimated 
> time to refactor.
> I am specifically looking at potential for refactoring, such as breaking 
> functions that are too long into shorter functions, or to remove code 
> duplication. Would you agree that there could be some modification to the 
> code to make it better in the listed classes? And if so, is the estimated 
> time appropriate to carry out the improvement? I will be grateful for any 
> help you can provide.
>  # EHCacheTokenStore.java - 2 hours
>  # EHCacheTokenStoreFactory.java - 1 hour
>  # MemoryTokenStoreFactory.java - 1 hour
>  # TokenStoreFactory.java - 1 hour
>  # TokenStoreUtils.java - 2 hours
> The attached csv file contains the other recommendations from my research. 
> Thank you once again for any help you can provide.
> Regards,
> Alvin



--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.20.10#820010)

Reply via email to