Abhishek6122008 commented on PR #6174:
URL: https://github.com/apache/fineract/pull/6174#issuecomment-5996107077

   @bharathcgowda Thanks, that clears it up. I've updated the job to match your 
table for cash-based accounting:
   - Interest posting: debit Interest on Savings, credit Savings Control
   - Overdraft interest: debit Savings Control (balance > 0) or Overdraft 
Portfolio (balance <= 0), credit Overdraft Interest Income
   
   @adamsaghy On withhold tax: the job never creates a withhold-tax transaction 
today. The interest-posting query builds the tax group with 
`TaxGroupData.lookup(taxGroupId, null)`, which has no tax components, so 
`createWithHoldTransaction` skips it. That means the job currently posts 
interest without withholding tax at all. Fixing that needs the tax components 
loaded in the job and one credit per component in `batchUpdateJournalEntries`, 
so I'd like to raise a separate ticket for it.
   
   On the split: it's pre-existing for both cash and accrual, because the job 
writes one debit/credit pair per transaction. I'd handle it in a separate 
ticket too.
   
   One open question: the manual path 
(`CashBasedAccountingProcessorForSavings`) still debits `SAVINGS_REFERENCE` for 
overdraft interest, which doesn't match the table. Should I align it in this PR 
or in a separate ticket?
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to