[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-2804?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14944969#comment-14944969
]
ASF GitHub Bot commented on FLINK-2804:
---------------------------------------
Github user tillrohrmann commented on the pull request:
https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/1230#issuecomment-145846664
For the sake of completeness I repost what I've just commented on the last
commit:
I think it would be better to move the `JobManager` retrieval logic into
the `JobClientActor`. Then the `JobClientActor` would be responsible for
finding the current leader and resubmit the `JobGraph`. The `Client` would
simply wait for the `JobExecutionResult` or an `Exception`.
That way, we would unify the retry logic in one place which would reduce a
little bit of complexity.
Since @uce is quite overloaded right now, I can take a shot at it. Does the
PR depends on anything from the PRs #1227 and #1153?
> Support blocking job submission with Job Manager recovery
> ---------------------------------------------------------
>
> Key: FLINK-2804
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-2804
> Project: Flink
> Issue Type: Improvement
> Affects Versions: 1.0
> Reporter: Ufuk Celebi
> Assignee: Ufuk Celebi
> Priority: Minor
>
> Submitting a job in a blocking fashion with JobManager recovery and a failing
> JobManager fails on the client side (the one submitting the job). The job
> still continues to be recovered.
> I propose to add simple support to re-retrieve the leading job manager and
> update the client actor with it and then wait for the result as before.
> As of the current standing in PR #1153
> (https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/1153) the job manager assumes that the
> same actor is running and just keeps on sending execution state updates etc.
> (if the listening behaviour is not detached).
--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)