GitHub user ggevay opened a pull request:
https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/2094
[FLINK-3702] Make FieldAccessors support nested field expressions.
I finally had some time to complete this, sorry it took so long.
I have added `getFieldAccessor` to `TypeInformation`, which creates a
`FieldAccessor` from a position or a (possibly nested) field expression. It
uses recursion in the nested case, and also supports the heterogeneous case,
e.g. pojo inside tuple inside pojo.
Additionally, I have noticed that the code to serialize/deserialize a
`java.lang.reflect.Field` is duplicated at several places
(`readObject`/`writeObject` of `PojoSerializer`, `PojoComparator`,
`PojoField`). I also needed it in `PojoFieldAccessor`, so instead of adding
more duplication, I factored it out into a new class (`FieldSerializer`).
You can merge this pull request into a Git repository by running:
$ git pull https://github.com/ggevay/flink FieldAccessorRefactor
Alternatively you can review and apply these changes as the patch at:
https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/2094.patch
To close this pull request, make a commit to your master/trunk branch
with (at least) the following in the commit message:
This closes #2094
----
commit e8b584791144a2e9a22e39242010726fc76ae2a3
Author: Gabor Gevay <[email protected]>
Date: 2016-05-22T17:48:50Z
[FLINK-3702] Make FieldAccessors support nested field expressions.
----
---
If your project is set up for it, you can reply to this email and have your
reply appear on GitHub as well. If your project does not have this feature
enabled and wishes so, or if the feature is enabled but not working, please
contact infrastructure at [email protected] or file a JIRA ticket
with INFRA.
---