arcuri82 opened a new issue, #13384:
URL: https://github.com/apache/maven/issues/13384

   ### Affected version
   
   3.10.0
   
   ### Bug description
   
   hi,
     I have an old project (which I cannot update) that has built fine for 
years. On a new machine in which I installed Maven 3.10.0 it silently fails to 
apply a plugin, which leads to generate a jar that crashes at startup. The same 
project works just fine in 3.9.9 and all previous versions of Maven I used at 
least in the last 5 years.
   
   The involved plugins are:
   `org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-maven-plugin:1.5.30` with its 
`kotlin-maven-allopen:1.5.30`. The allopen is not applied, so the resulting jar 
file having SprinBoot crashes due to some classes being final.
   
   The only weird thing in the logs of 3.10.0 is:
   
   ```
   [INFO] --- kotlin:1.5.30:compile (compile) @ 
evomaster-benchmark-cs-rest-artificial-news ---
   [WARNING] Source root doesn't exist: 
/Users/arcuri82/WORK/Dataset/jdk_8_maven/cs/rest/artificial/news/src/main/java
   [INFO] Artifact org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-maven-allopen:jar:1.5.30 is 
present in the local repository, but cached from a remote repository ID that is 
unavailable in current build context, verifying that is downloadable from []
   [INFO] Artifact org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-maven-noarg:jar:1.5.30 is 
present in the local repository, but cached from a remote repository ID that is 
unavailable in current build context, verifying that is downloadable from []
   [INFO] Applied plugin: 'spring'
   [INFO] Applied plugin: 'jpa'
   ```
   
   on 3.9.9 it is:
   
    ```
   [INFO] --- kotlin:1.5.30:compile (compile) @ 
evomaster-benchmark-cs-rest-artificial-news ---
   [WARNING] Source root doesn't exist: 
/Users/arcuri82/WORK/Dataset/jdk_8_maven/cs/rest/artificial/news/src/main/java
   [INFO] Applied plugin: 'spring'
   [INFO] Applied plugin: 'jpa'
   ```
   
   I can reliably reproduce this behavior on 2 different machines, a Mac and 
Linux one


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to