[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-16399?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=18121773#comment-18121773
 ] 

Mike Thomsen commented on NIFI-16399:
-------------------------------------

[~exceptionfactory] I think we can table this ticket for now. It still has 
potential, but I'd like to see what you have in mind before pressing on with 
this.

In the mean time, is the approach you exploring relevant for this use case 
(shelling out)? I was thinking about playing around with the MIME/STOMP 
suggestion, but don't want to waste time if you think you have something better.

> Enable attribute updates from ExecuteStreamCommand
> --------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: NIFI-16399
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-16399
>             Project: Apache NiFi
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>            Reporter: Mike Thomsen
>            Assignee: Mike Thomsen
>            Priority: Major
>          Time Spent: 1h 40m
>  Remaining Estimate: 0h
>
> This change will create an optional mode where ExecuteStreamCommand will 
> write a temp file to the file system that can be used by the executed command 
> to communicate updates to the flowfile attributes. It will be a flat json 
> document.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.20.10#820010)

Reply via email to