[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-16190?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=18124867#comment-18124867
 ] 

Jordan Sammut commented on NIFI-16190:
--------------------------------------

Hi [~dstiegli1] . I came back to this and retested it. Looks like I made an 
error on the actual behavior I'm seeing with the *Transform Result Filter.* 
Seems like this filter does not apply to the root object, but more so to the 
keys inside the root.

Ultimately, what I was trying to achieve is removing *null* lines when using 
the JSON Lines settings and filtering out a line by setting it to null. I'm 
attaching a test flow I created. As you can see, the resulting transform has 
null lines which I am unable to filter out. Perhaps the scope of the ticket 
would change in this case then

 

[^NIFI-16190 - Example Flow.txt]

> JSLT Transform with JSON Lines should perform 'Transform Result Filter' per 
> Line
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: NIFI-16190
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-16190
>             Project: Apache NiFi
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>            Reporter: Jordan Sammut
>            Priority: Major
>         Attachments: NIFI-16190 - Example Flow.txt, 
> image-2026-10-08-09-10-44-943.png
>
>
> Currently, the *Transform Result Filter* when using the JSLT Transform using 
> JSON Lines does not perform the filter per line, which would make most sense. 
> It seems like the filter is performed on the whole Flowfile after all ND Json 
> Lines are transformed



--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.20.10#820010)

Reply via email to