[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-16403?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=17765358#comment-17765358
]
Paul McArthur commented on SOLR-16403:
--------------------------------------
I've been working on an idea to use a cluster singleton to periodically find
and remove inactive shards, and have a draft [PR
#1926|https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/1926] open for comments.
At this point, I'm looking for some feedback on whether this proposal is
reasonable, or if there are other preferred alternatives.
> SPLITSHARD should delete the parent shard after success
> -------------------------------------------------------
>
> Key: SOLR-16403
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-16403
> Project: Solr
> Issue Type: Improvement
> Components: SolrCloud
> Reporter: David Smiley
> Priority: Major
> Time Spent: 20m
> Remaining Estimate: 0h
>
> When a shard is split into two sub-shards, the parent (the original) will
> remain in an "INACTIVE" state. It's up to the user/admin to devise some
> clean-up process. I propose that SplitShardCmd clean up after itself. It's
> not clear why it didn't do this all along.
--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.20.10#820010)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]