All three LIVE FROM THE SUN broadcasts will air once again on NASA TV in

February.

I've included the schedule, a brief summary of the broadcasts and the
satellite information below.

Eileen Bendixsen
Moderator, DISCUSS-SUN
LIVE FROM THE SUN 2001

2-3 PM* 5-6 PM* 8-9 PM* 11 PM-12 AM* 2-3 AM* All times Eastern

NASA Television programming can be accessed through GE2, transponder 9C.

The frequency is 3880 Mhz. Orbital position is 85 degrees West
Longitude.
Polarity is Vertical. Audio is at 6.8 Mhz. This is a transponder service

and will be operational 24 hours a day.

NASA Television is also transmitted through the World Wide Web. Check
out
the following web site for further information -

http://www.nasa.gov/ntv/ntvweb.html

NASA TV may pre-empt scheduled programming for live Agency events.

Friday, February 9, 2001
Program 1: "Our Star In Close UP"

Without the Sun, there would be no life on the surface of Earth. This
program provides a comprehensive update on the amazing discoveries of
the
past decade, during which NASA spacecraft have returned astonishingly
detailed views of the only star we can see…"in close up."
But our Sun helps us understand all the other stars out there in the
Universe beyond our solar system. In addition to seeing the Sun in
close-up, viewers will go behind the scenes at NASA Goddard Space Flight

Center, Greenbelt, MD—Sun Central/Mission Control for many of America’s
solar spacecraft, and Lockheed Martin Solar and Astrophysics Laboratory,

Palo Alto, CA where some of the most powerful telescopes onboard recent
spacecraft have been built and tested.

Friday, February 16, 2001
Program 2: "Solar Studies and Sunny Interactions"

Originally broadcast live from NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, solar

researchers explain the "colors" of the Sun and how the Doppler Effect
reveals the Sun’s internal structure, and much more! See how a blowtorch

can make a household tile glow orange ? and how color is a clue to
temperature. Goddard astrophysicists join in a tuneful and
scientifically
accurate ‘a capella’ tribute to our Sun. See how and why solar science
is
so exciting for the men and women who study our star with spacecraft and

telescopes.

Friday, February 23, 2001
Program 3: "To the Max"

"To the Max" visits NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center (Greenbelt, MD)
and
Marshall Space Flight Center (Huntsville, AL) to update viewers on
changes
in solar behavior as Solar Maximum approaches. Find out how to "follow
the
Sun" throughout the coming year via hands-on activities such as building

horizon calendars and special "noon shadow" projects, and also via the
Internet.