Dear Kenneth and List;

I teach both the science methods courses for K-8 and for Chemistry. I
design my course around the National (NSTA), State (State Goals and
State Academic Standards), and Local (for us that is the Chicago Public
Schools framework statements) standards. See
http://www.cps.k12.il.us/Instruction/CAS/Science/science.html for more
information.

I also address "best practices" instructional methods, assessment
strategies, behavioral/classroom management, professional development,
classroom organization strategies/techniques, and zillions of other
little things that cross my mind.

Please let me know if you want to see a sample syllabus for project
ideas. For example, they have to develop 10-day thematic units that
include assessments and a learning center.

:)

Nancy C. Grim
Regional Director for ISTA in Chicago
Assistant Professor of Science Education and Chemistry
Chicago State University
[EMAIL PROTECTED]