Let's boycott EXXON and MOBILE gas Companies! Pass it
on...

To:   Unifi-US Staff - Cary
cc:
Subject:  Price of Gas.

Gas prices are being forcasted at over $2 by the end
of the summer.  We can do something about this!  Read
through and find out.  This is no petitioning or
protest.  It's more of a boycott.  Thanks!

THE FOLLOWING WAS SENT BY AN ECONOMIST WITHIN THE FUEL
INDUSTRY. ANOTHER ECONOMICS PROFESSOR AT CAL
REITERATED THE SAME LAST WEEK.  I THINK IT IS WORTH
TRYING.

I got this from a reliable source & the website listed
is legit. We heard today from a man who is very savvy
about the economy, namely, Clark Howard, and he says
that the gas prices are going to start going up again
and will be high this summer-$2.00 and up. We need to
do whatever we can, and do it NOW!!!!

This makes more sense than the "don't buy gas on a
certain day" routine that was going around last year
re: Gasoline Prices. Whoever started this has a good
point. By now, you're probably thinking gasoline
priced at about $1.49 is cheap. Me too, as it is now
$1.58 for regular unleaded!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have
conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of
gas is CHEAP at less than $1.50, we need to try an
aggressive response. With the price of gasoline going
up more each day, we consumers need to take ACTION!
The only way we are going  to see the price of gas
come down is if we don't buy it. But,(as the gas
companies know full well, and are counting on), that's
not really a practical option since we all have come
to rely on our cars. But we CAN have an impact on gas
prices if we all act together.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, don't
purchase gasoline from the two biggest companies
(which now are one), namely EXXON and MOBIL.  You see,
if they are not selling, they should be inclined,
i.e., "forced"), to reduce their prices. And, because
of their size, and hence market share, if they reduce
their prices the other companies will too. (They would
 HAVE no choice!). Isn't that a "juicy" Prospect? But
to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions
of users. But it's doable!

If each of you send it to at least 10 more ... and
those 10 send it to at least 10 more and so on, by the
time the message reaches the sixth iteration, we will
have reached over one million consumers.  Acting
together we can make a difference. If this makes sense
to you, please pass this message on, or one you
compose, to at least 10 more E-mail addresses. PLEASE
HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO BELOW $1.28
-- $1.29 AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK!

Sincerely,
Harriet Coffey
Midday Personality
MAGIC 961
801 E. Morehead St.
Suite 200
Charlotte, NC 28202
704-338-9600
voice mail - 321
e-mail - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
fax 704-334-9525
The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the material from any computer.