we had a blind student at NEIU a couple of years ago, who took BOTH the
conceptual physics course, and our 'universe' course

one of our tutors helped the student, and built some special tactile demos
for him -- i recall that one of them was a piece of 'graph' paper,
raised strings form the 'lines', and pushpins for the 'points'

i recall that she also made some (2-D) models out of play-doh

will pass on more if it comes back to me

paul d