On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 16:20:13 +0200, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 11:29:28AM +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:
> > thanks, no segfaults anymore and valgrind is happy, too.
> >
> good
>
> > Btw., I'm planning to do some compatibility tests with the old isync
> > 0.9.2 from Debian Sid and the current CVS version, to get a newer
> > package into Debian (hopefully for for Etch). Do you see any chance to
> > make a new release based on the current CVS version, or should I focus
> > on isync 1.0.2?
> >
> i'd say stay with 1.0.x. the async stuff in HEAD is half-finished, so it
> doesn't buy the user a whole lot but potentially destabilizes things
> (s.a.). i don't expect HEAD to be incompatible to 1.0.x in any way. you
> might want to check that i backported all isync wrapper fixes (and
> whether i made a realease).

Hi,

I made some tests a while ago with some mailfolders created with isync
0.9.2 and then switched to isync 1.0.2 plus the patches from the 1.0
branch.

I got a segfault during sync, the valgrind output is attached.
Everything else worked like expected (adding new mails on the server,
deleting mails on the server, and the same again on the client side).

I hope this helps to get a new version into Debian Etch, although the
freeze is near.

Regards,
Tino