On 2012-02-06 09:37:51, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> because the imap spec says it's special. it can live in an entirely
> arbitrary place - e.g., while everything else is in $HOME/Maildir, INBOX
> can be /var/mail/$USER.
> you can specify the inbox path for maildir stores (and it should be
> properly mapped even if you put it into the normal Path), so it should
> work just fine without any tricks.

Not sure I follow why the IMAP specs would have any bearing on
where mbsync stores its inbox maildir.  It is a typical use case
to store the inbox in /var/mail/$USER on the client side?  The
documentation says it defaults to ~/Maildir.  When I set Inbox to
inbox I ended up with a ~/inbox folder.  Perhaps it would be
less surprising to have relatively paths to Path instead of $HOME?

/Allan
--
Allan Wind
Life Integrity, LLC