On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 05:14:39PM +0200, Alan Schmitt wrote:
> Oswald Buddenhagen writes:
> > what does the "completely deleted" refer to? the slave or the master?
> > if it's the master, then it's most likely because the message simply was
> > not propagated due to the error. you need to fix the file name (edit out
> > the UID) and sync again.
> > if it's the slave, then i have no clue - the error should have stopped
> > any syncing attempts.
>
> I'm sure it was gone from the master,

that's plausible: the deletion from the source folder was propagated,
while the addition to the target folder failed due to the invalidated
UID scheme.

> I searched for the message on the slave, and I could not find it.

i seriously cannot see how that can happen.
i suppose you retried the sync a few times, and got the duplicate UID
failure each time? the fact that you'd get the failure would be proof
that the message was still there.