> > - 1.3.0-clean.log -> a sync with the old version
>
> > M: >>> 5 UID FETCH *:* (UID)
> > M: * 1 FETCH (UID 1)
> > M: * 2 FETCH (UID 2)
> > [...]
> > M: * 4448 FETCH (UID 75802)
> > M: * 4449 FETCH (UID 75803)
> > M: 5 OK UID FETCH done
>
> the somewhat nonsensical old command - some servers would plain reject
> it, while yours spewed an excessive amount of data.
>
> > - 1.3.1-updated.log -> the first sync after updating to 1.3.1
>
> > M: >>> 5 UID FETCH * (UID)
> > M: 5 OK UID FETCH done
>
> the correct new command, and your server doesn't send any data.
> the correct log would be:
>
> > M: >>> 5 UID FETCH * (UID)
> > M: * 4449 FETCH (UID 75803)
> > M: 5 OK UID FETCH done
>
> so, your server is broken, and isync doesn't check the error condition.
> how negligent of me. :}

I figured it may have been something like that.
I guess 1.3.0 uses the old command?

> fishing for workarounds, please try these two commands (use "openssl
> s_client -connect 213.182.54.29:993 -quiet" to start an interactive
> session, then log in and select the inbox as seen in your logs):
>
> 10 FETCH * (UID)
>
> and
>
> 11 UID SEARCH *
>
> if either one returns something useful, we might get somewhere ...

Nothing useful AFAICT (passwords and fumbling around redacted):

```
01 LOGIN gui-...@netcourrier.com <pass>
01 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 ID LITERAL+ IDLE QUOTA NAMESPACE SORT UIDPLUS
UNSELECT] Welcome gui-...@netcourrier.com
02 NAMESPACE
* NAMESPACE (("" "/")) NIL NIL
02 OK NAMESPACE done
A1 SELECT "INBOX"
* 4447 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1294943196]
* FLAGS (\Answered \Deleted \Draft \Flagged \Seen Sent)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Deleted \Draft \Flagged \Seen Sent \*)]
A1 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT
10 FETCH * (UID)
10 OK FETCH done
11 UID SEARCH *
* SEARCH
11 OK UID SEARCH done
```

> i reported the bug to them, so doing nothing might also get you
> somewhere. :D
They are usually quite reactive, though I think it's a small team.

Thanks for taking the time to debug this.

Cheers,

--
Guillaume