On Sun, Aug 30 2020, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 01:06:57AM +0200, Yuri D'Elia wrote:
>> Can we have a reciprocal of MaxMessages that applies to the "far" side
>> instead? That is, I want my "near" side to be the complete reference,
>> and far only being a partial copy.
>>
> i never understood your motivation for that. care to elaborate?

If you consider MaxMessages, isync assumes the mail mailbox that
receives new mail is remote and/or that the remote side has all the
mail, while you might wish to keep a partial copy of the most recent
messages locally.

In my case it's exactly the opposite. I fetch mail and deliver most of
my mail locally from various sources. I keep a slice synced remotely, so
I can have some archive just in case I view it through webmail for a day
or two, essentially as a backup.

In this scenario Master/Slave worked just fine, although push/pull was
flipped. Now the entire logic is flipped. I guess it's more
consistent =)