Greetings,

I am using mbsync to keep my local Maildirs and Gmail synched, and
have recently started experimenting with notmuch for indexing. I have
a flattened hierarchy of maildirs under the directory ~/Mail. So I
have ~/Mail/INBOX, ~/Mail/l.isync-devel, etc. As a result, I have a
few rules like the following (using my mailing lists rule as the
example).

#v+
Channel google-lists
Master :google-remote:l
Slave :google-local:l
Patterns *
#v-

Because notmuch puts its database in ~/Mail/.notmuch, I receive the
following warnings whenever a Channel similar to the google-lists
channel is processed:

#v+
Maildir error: found subfolder '.notmuch/xapian', but store
'google-local' does not specify SubFolders style
#v-

My local store is defined as follows.

#v+
MaildirStore google-local
Flatten .
Path ~/Mail/
Inbox ~/Mail/INBOX
#v-

I went through the man page, and did some searching online, but was
not able to find a way to ignore a folder. Is there any way to tell
mbsync to ignore the ~/Mail/.notmuch folder? If not, I can always
filter it out of my crontab output, but I figured I'd check here
first.

Regards,
  -dave