On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 02:03:47PM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
Now my questions are:
* Is my above idea correct? And if yes, ...

yes

* should I simply remove the "Trash Trash" configuration?

yes

 (what I want is that emails that disappear are simply
 removed, no need to keep them somewhere as backup)

given what you want, you don't need a trash folder at all.

instead, configure your email clients to do expunging themselves instead of moving to trash.

if that can't be done, the next best thing is to exclude the trash folder from sync.

* Does it have any connection to the Expunge setting?

somewhat indirectly (the trash function doesn't do anything until messages are expunged).
anyway, you'll want to keep it on.