On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 02:47:17AM +0530, Vikas Rawal wrote:
I am somehow unable to get systemd to run mbsync regularly. I have created
the following files and enabled them.

Would appreciate any pointers about what might be wrong here.

did you run `systemctl status` on mbsync.service and mbsync.timer?

i can't see anything really wrong, just two observations:

*~/.config/systemd/user/mbsync.service:*

[Unit]
Description=Mbsync synchronization service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart= /bin/sh -c "/usr/local/bin/mbsync -V daily"

there is no need to run this through a shell.

ExecStartPost=/bin/sh -c 'notmuch new && afew -t -n && afew --move-mails -v && echo
"notmuch `date`" >> ~/tmp/maillog.log'

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target

this doesn't look right.

*~/.config/systemd/user/mbsync.timer:*

[Unit]
Description=Mysync synchronization timer

[Timer]
OnBootSec=2m
OnCalendar=*:00/2
Unit=mbsync.service