Ah ha!  That gave me the idea to try deleting the sync state file for the "Inbox" folder, and that made it finally sync Inbox. Thanks!

On 16/09/22 00:06, Marton Balazs wrote:
Not sure if this will be of help; O365 screws up the UIDVALIDITY every few
months, resulting in the same error. (Never happened to me with Gmail!) I then
do a test run into an empty directory (not my regular maildir!) on all my email
using

Patterns *
Create Near
Sync None
Expunge None
Remove None

which does not pull any emails hence runs fast, but creates the .mbsyncstate
files with the new FarUidValidity values as seen by the O365 server. If this
differs from what I have in my regular maildirs then I edit this manually to
the new value and the problem goes away.

Regards,
Marton