On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 10:15:51AM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
I've been using mbsync for some time now, and every year or so I'm faced with messages like:

Warning: lost track of 104 pulled message(s)
Warning: lost track of 1 pushed message(s)

Searching the internet, lots of other people have enountered this, and as far
as I can see, the general advice is "don't worry about it".

mostly.

Problem is, the message doesn't go away when you re-run mbsync.

that's worrisome.
re-run with -D.

Changing the pipeline depth from 4 to 1, it becomes:
```
far side: 41156 messages, 0 recent
Warning: lost track of 1 pushed message(s)
Synchronizing...
8 APPEND "INBOX" (\Seen) {29056725}
+ go ahead
Socket error on imap.gmail.com (64.233.184.108:993): timeout.
```

that's weird - this was supposed to be fixed since v1.3.2.
running

  mbsync -DN gmail 2>&1 | ts

should reveal roughly what is going wrong (`ts` is in `moreutils` on debian; i suppose *bsd has something similar).