Hi

           This is Baseer from “Ling Technologies, Inc”. I am glad to inform
you that one of our clients has an interesting job position for you. I would
appreciate if you send me suitable updated resume along with the contact
details. Please reply me ASAP.

*JOB DETAILS:*

Job Title:*   Technical Support with UNIX, SQL and ORACLE*

Location:*   **Durham**, NC*

Duration:*   6 Months *

Rate:*        $37/hr on C2C*

*REQUIRED SKILLS: *

Good problem solving skills

Has excellent communication skills to communicate fluently and confidently
at all levels.

Has a continued desire to make support a career choice.

Has experience of the software development lifecycle.

Knowledge and experience of SQL working with UNIX and oracle

Must have all these Development skills in one or more of the following,
minimum 1 year per:

   - .Net
   - Java
   - JSP, ASP
   - Oracle database
   - Unix Shell Scripts
   - Perl Scripts
   - Microsoft Visual Basic
   - Microsoft Access
   - Business Objects

*DESIRED SKILLS: *

ITIL knowledge

Any programming experience beneficial

* *

*WORK EXPERIENCE/BACKGROUND: *

Experience/Background

Has at least two years experience of technical application support and
Problem management.

Has strong knowledge of the support environment. 3-5 years minimum.

*EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: *

Bachelors or higher degree desired

*FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: *

Maintain a thorough understanding, sufficient to meet target Service Level
Agreements, of the knowledge required to provide effective technical
application support (includes understanding of market feeds, reference data
problems, batch processes, system interfaces, business rules etc).

Take responsibility for Problems once they have been assigned by BAS. Keep
BAS (and where appropriate, customers) informed of Problem statuses. Liaise
with BAS team members and TAS team members (and where appropriate personnel
from extended support groups) to resolve Problems.

Determine root cause of Problems, create a Known Error documents, and raise
a Request For Change to the appropriate team to implement a permanent fix.

Actively monitor assigned Problems and escalate in good time.

Proactively seek to minimise potential application support problems through
root cause analysis, analysis of outputs from aggregated monitoring and
diagnostics tool, reviewing knowledge base, understanding the context of
incidents across the team.

Develop technical solutions to Problems raised in a prompt and efficient
manner.

Analyse, derive strategies for resolving, and solve application Problems.
Apply business and required technical skill sets to resolve issue promptly
and accurately. Seek early advice where appropriate.

Prioritise and categorise Problems efficiently and effectively. Prioritise
own activities.

Maintain effective communication with extended support groups, BAS, and the
raisers of Problems.

Understand the banks Software Development Lifecycle methodology. Understand
how Support fits with the SDLC.

Understand the terms of each of the SLAs with business units, TAS, and third
party groups. Understand how the SLAs impact the rules of engagement with
each stakeholder, the performance of the team, and the activities that each
support member needs to undertake.

Familiarise with the applications, tools, feeds, databases, batch files,
etc. that are being supported.

Develop SQL and basic scripts.

Test both in-house and vendor applications. Experience and understanding of
all aspects relating to support and testing test environment set-up, test
data, test scripts.

Perform development tasks, unit tests, bug fixes, regression testing.

Comply with knowledge base management processes. Ensure the knowledge base
is maintained and is of a high standard.

Participate in weekly application review meetings. Provide Incident/Problem
analysis and recommendations for the meetings.

Provide out of hours support as required

Understand thoroughly the end to end application support process and
escalation procedures, become fully conversant with all support tools
(incident management, knowledge repository, diagnostics and monitoring,
remote management) and other tools that will be used to provide effective
end to end application support

*NOTE:*

*Must send these Details: *

1) Current location:

2) Expected rate:

3) Visa Status:

4) Phone#:

5) Email address:

*Regards,*
*Baseer*

Ling Technologies, Inc. *I *9161 Liberia Ave, Suite 200 Manassas, VA 20110
Work: 703-880-2640 Ext 4027 *I* Fax Toll Free 866-473-6904*I *
bas...@ling-tech.com* **I** *www.ling-tech.com* **I*

*Note: This is not an unsolicited mail. If you are not interested in
receiving our e-mails then please clicks reply this mail with REMOVE in
subject line.*

* *