Hello ,

Let me know if you have any one for this position ASAP.
*
Must have sugnificant I18N experience to be considered.

F2F required*
*
Sr. QA Engineer (I18N)
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6+ months*
*Rate: D.O.E
*

Hours of Work: 9-5
Interview: Telephone/Personal
Is this a temp to full-time position?: No
Why is this person needed?: Special Project
Work Environment: General Office
Shift Requirements: Day
Attire: Business

*Job Description:*
Sr. QA Engineer (I18N ), Will lead the I18N compliance verification effort
for product, goal is to complete testing in time to ship localized(Japanese
version) of product within 90days of GA date of English version.

Project consists of partnering with development to identify best approach
to perform testing to verify product is I18N compliance, write test plan
and test cases. As lead will also assign tasks to two other QA Engineers.
Will work with core QA teams to ensure test coverage is achieved. Will also
be automating test cases using Silk framework.

This person must have led an effort to validate I18N compliance of a Java
based application. The person must be able to describe in detail types of
tests and share sample test cases. In addition, this person must be able to
automate the test cases using Silk. It would be extremely valuable if this
person has worked with 3rd party vendors in localizing products into
Japanese.

1st Choice = SSF, Redwood City is also an option

This role will be focused on devising testing plan to ensure the product
meets I18N compliance requirements. In this role, the Sr. QA Engineer will
lead QA team of two in planning, estimating effort and testing the product.
He/she will also write test plans, test cases and will represent QA in
cross functional team meetings.

As QA Lead he/she will provide ongoing testing status and QA metrics to
assess product readiness.

The qualified candidate will also provide requirements to test automation
team for support of I18N testing.

*Key Responsibilities:*

? Work with the business, engineering and QA teams to agree on common
quality goals
? Provide recommendations to improve team's efficiency and effectiveness in
testing for I18N compliance and localized products.

? Automate I18N test cases

? Understand the Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) process and
identify risk elements from quality perspective
? Translate quality metric data into information
? Enable intuitive reporting to drive transparency into product's intrinsic
quality
? Participate, Review and Approve testing strategies
? Participate in the design spec reviews to understand design, contribute
quality requirements and ensure testability
? Communicate with cross functional program teams as part of a shared
responsibility for total product quality
? Work with development team to understand new product features for the
purpose of designing and developing test cases
? Review product documentation (manuals/Getting Started Guides) for
technical accuracy.
? Mentor, train, develop and serve as a knowledge resource to less
experienced QA engineers

*Minimum Requirements:*

? 8-12 years as a QA Engineer with a proven track record on highly
technical projects
? 2+ years of experience on I18N/localization QA projects
? BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
? Outstanding attention to detail
? Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
? Must be very driven and motivated to learn on own
? Strong Linux and Windows background
? Strong overall understanding of how databases work with applications
? In depth knowledge of Java
? In depth knowledge of HTTP transactions
? Strong understanding of J2EE architecture
? Test automation tool experience (preferably SilkTest)
? Ability to accurately identify real world software use cases
? Ability to accurately identify software edge cases
? Ability to develop a clear and concise testing strategy
? Expert troubleshooting and reasoning skills
? Passionate about finding defects and helping to resolve them

? Considered a strong plus if the candidate is familiar with:

- Strong understanding of network topology, hardware and troubleshooting
techniques
- Programming concepts and methodology, including development experience
- SSL
- TCP/IP knowledge
- VMWare

Thanks and Regards,